A Premier Hotel Management & Investment Company with Strategic Vision and Strong Core Values
Since 1987, Pacific Hospitality Group has maintained a strategic vision and strong core values as guiding principles for business success. With luxury hotel properties from Napa Valley to Southern California, PHG's growing portfolio of hotel and resort investments reinforces the company's cohesive vision and ensuing success.
PHG manages, develops, finances, and owns hotels and resorts located in California, Hawaii, Arizona and Louisiana. We currently own and manage 11 hotels and resorts, representing over 2,676 rooms and 203,650 square feet of premier indoor meeting and event space.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our newly opened AC Hotel Tempe, a 159-room lifestyle select service hotel, as a Server.
Are you an enthusiastic team player that enjoys interacting and providing exemplary service to customers? Do you have a pro-active nature and an "I can help you" attitude and enjoy working with a team that appreciates it? Do you enjoy a variety of activities, are fast thinking and possess good follow through skills to ensure the job is done right?
If the answer is YES, AC Hotel Tempe and Pacific Hospitality Group is looking for you!
As a Server, you are responsible for preparing beverages and providing exceptional food service to property guests during events, special events, and other catered functions, as well as any other property hosted event as requested and scheduled.
- Prepares cocktails and/or beverages to guest specifications
- Describes all bar items; methods of preparation and prices as needed. Must have extensive knowledge of all bar/menu items
- Works with guests to accommodate special requests and special dietary needs
- Up sells established menu items or specials to maximize food and beverage revenues
- Serves menu items to guests in a prompt and courteous manner
- Performs pre and post-shift side work; set-up, breakdown, condiments, roll-ups etc
- Responds to guest inquiries and special requests promptly to ensure guest satisfaction; notifies supervisor of guests' complaints and unusual situations
- Cash handling/ balance bank at the end of each shift and calculating tip outs
- Serves customers at assigned station quickly, courteously, and Obtains food and beverage from prescribed locations and serves customers according to established procedures and using appropriate service techniques
- Observes guests to fulfill any additional requests and to note when meal is finished. Completes assigned side work as directed
- Sets dining tables to established standards. Complete pre-running, and post shift side-work requirements
- Familiarizes self with all items on daily basis. After events, cleans away service and accessories
- Follows all standard food handling, TIPS, sanitation and health department guidelines
- Possess a basic knowledge of food and beverage preparation, service standards of comparable hotel, guest relations and etiquette
- Must be at least 19 years of age
- Ability to work on AM, PM, weekend and holiday shifts as required by operational needs
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience within a hotel/resort environment
- A valid current Food Handlers Card or willingness and ability to obtain one within 30 days of employment
- Responsible Beverage Certified (TiPS)
- Ability to multi-task
- Exceptional communication skills
- Ability to serve needs of guest through verbal face-to-face interaction
- Ability to perform basic math skills such as addition, subtraction, multiplication and division
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, and push/pull, the employee is constantly required to hear and talk. The employee must occasionally walk, climb stairs, stand, crouch/bend/stoop, reach, smell, and grasp and lift objects weighing up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities constantly required are near vision and occasionally required include close and far vision. Finger dexterity is required to operate a computer keyboard and calculator.
For more information about this hotel and Pacific Hospitality Group (PHG), click on Hotel Portfolio tab and About PHG.
AC Hotel Phoenix Tempe/Downtown is an equal opportunity and E-Verify employer M/F/V/D
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to race, sex, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.