Destination Resorts Snowmass represents the finest and largest collection of slope-side properties in Snowmass Village; from the Condé Nast award-winning Stonebridge Inn to the prestigious Top of the Village Condominiums. Our diverse collection of properties offers a full range of guest experiences, amenities and accommodation sizes from ski in ski out spacious, luxury condominiums to slope-side hotel rooms and studios. Our largest advantage over our competition is our motivated, friendly and service oriented team who provide superior guest service that keeps our clientele returning season after season.
We believe in empowering fully prepared people while nurturing relationships with our staff, owners and guests. Our team provides exceptional guest experiences by balancing work and play to ensure that we have FUN. Destination Resorts Snowmass is part of Destination Hotels and Resorts, one of the fastest growing hospitality management companies in the country and this partnership can provide abundant opportunities for top performers within Snowmass and elsewhere within the organization.
Job OverviewYou will be an integral member of the team that creates distinctively different and authentic experiences for our guests. You will be responsible for greeting guests, taking orders, serve food and beverages, and checking on guest satisfaction. You will use the freedom to go beyond to turn guest interactions into moments of magic. Essential Functions
- Enthusiastically welcome our guests into the restaurant
- Share your knowledge and recommendations of the food & beverage menus to our guests
- Utilize the freedom to go beyond and take initiative to resolve guest complaints and create loyalty
- Create memorable experiences with your welcoming personality by genuinely relating to guests and associates
- Communicate with culinary team regarding meal requirements, allergies, dietary needs and special requests
- Multi-task with an impeccable eye for detail to ensure accuracy and efficiency
- Flexibility. This is a demanding business and we look for flexibility with work days and hours, but it’s also a lot of fun!
- Experience. Must meet the legal age requirement to serve alcohol. Previous experience passionately providing food and beverage service to others preferred.
- Knowledge. Alcohol service and Food Handler certifications are required. Familiarity of restaurant terminology and food service techniques preferred.
- People Person. The best part of serving others is creating experiences for them that go beyond the expected.
- Great communicator. Providing amazing experiences requires the ability to communicate fluently in English both verbally and through legible writing
- A qualified applicant is a “people person” who is flexible with their schedule, loves to serve others, and knows how to multi-task while ensuring accuracy.