Since 1987, Pacific Hospitality Group has maintained a strategic vision and strong core values as guiding principles for business success. With luxury hotel properties from Napa Valley to Southern California, PHG's growing portfolio of hotel and resort investments reinforces the company's cohesive vision and ensuing success.
PHG manages, develops, finances, and owns hotels and resorts located in California, Hawaii, Arizona and Louisiana. We currently own and manage 11 hotels and resorts, representing over 2,676 rooms and 203,650 square feet of premier indoor meeting and event space.
Must be available to work AM or PM shifts depending on business needs..
Must have flexible availability.
Delivers and serves meals and amenities to guestrooms or areas of the hotel within specified times while providing excellent guest service. Inspects guest floors for In-Room service trays and or tables and return them to the In-Room Dining department. Also serves guests at Boats and all 3 Pools.
Duties & Responsibilities, including but not limited to:
1. Delivers food, beverage and other amenities to guests/members in a timely manner using golf cart, hot box cart, or walking with a tray.
2. Assists event staff with set-up, clean-up and service of meeting/event rooms.
3. Sets up food trays with proper settings and condiments and ensures order is complete before leaving the kitchen.
4. Prepares cold food items, as required.
5. Describes all menu items, methods of preparation and prices as needed. Maintains complete knowledge of all menu items.
6. Processes guest payment transactions accurately and closes out purchases.
7. Follows all standard food handling, sanitation, TIPS and health department guidelines.
8. Follows all safety policies and procedures.
9. Completes all assigned cleaning duties, keep all storage areas cleaned and organized. Assist in the cleaning and organization of the In-Room Dining service work stations during and after shift
10. Provides guests with a high level dining experience, while maintaining a professional distance and staying alert to their needs.
Qualifications & Requirements:
1. Prior food service and hospitality experience preferred.
2. Basic knowledge of food and beverage preparation, service standards of comparable hotel, guest relations and etiquette.
3. Basic knowledge of wine, beer, liquors, waters and drinks served.
4. Requires strong communication and interpersonal skills and commitment to a high level of guest satisfaction.
5. Completes required training as scheduled.
6. Ability to perform basic math skills such as addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
7. Ability to learn and use telephone and POS computer systems, as needed
8. Strong attention to detail. Must be able to remain organized and handle multiple tasks and work under pressure of serving multiple guests at once.
9. Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English to understand instructions, safety rules, and communicate with guests.
10. Work schedules will include working on holidays, weekends and alternate shifts.
11. Must have a valid current Food Handlers Card or willingness and ability to obtain one within 30 days of employment. Requires valid Drivers' license in good standing with clean driving record if required to drive golf cart for deliveries.
12. Must know all applicable health standards.
13. Must maintain a clean and appearance and professional demeanor.
14. Shift times are subject to change at any time, based on Department's needs. Applicants must be able to provide flexible availability, and can be scheduled for various shift times as needed by the Department Manager.
The Balboa Bay Resort is an equal opportunity and E-Verify employer.