Allegro Hyde Park
Location: US - FL - Tampa
Allegro Management Company is a well-respected leader and expert in the senior living industry with a long-standing reputation of efficiently managing senior communities. Allegro Management Company operates communities throughout Florida and Kentucky, with a home office in St. Louis, MO.
Live a resort-style life in South Tampa's most desirable neighborhood. Located conveniently in the midst of sophisticated shopping, dining, and entertainment options, our community is very much a part of the South Tampa lifestyle. With Tampa General Hospital less than a mile away, Tampa Bay's best physicians are also nearby. We share programs with The University of Tampa, University of South Florida, and Primrose School to provide access to life-long learning and intergenerational opportunities for engagement. Enjoy a close-knit community of neighbors and associates who care about you.
The primary responsibility of the Server is to accommodate residents and guests during their dining experience by attending to their needs in a friendly, timely, and professional manner. Making sure that the dining room is attractive and extremely clean at all times is key to ensuring a fine dining experience for our residents.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Greet and seat residents and guests.
- Always be ready to assist residents in sitting and in rising from the table.
- Serve food in an efficient and professional manner.
- Label and date all food.
- Keep the dining and service areas clean and sanitary.
- Approach and interact with residents, guests and employees in a friendly, service-oriented and professional manner.
- Take food and beverage orders and serve meals as they are ordered.
- Have a good knowledge of the presentation of food being served and ingredients in all menu items.
- Clear tables of glasses, silverware, dishes, etc. when residents and guests have finished a course or their meal according to Allegro protocol.
- Deliver and retrieve trays to and from residents' apartments as needed.
- Assist other staff as needed.
- Maintain a clean dining room, chairs, windows, floors and all work areas.
- Assist with washing of dishes as needed.
- Sweep carpets between seatings or when needed and vacuum daily.
- Attend and participate in all meetings and training as directed by Company policy and the Dining Services Director (DSD).
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing the proper uniform and name tag when on duty.
- Be constantly watchful of signs that residents are not able to function independently or a change in resident's behavior. Report all signs to the DSD following the Company policies and procedures.
- Report any and all deferred maintenance, vandalism or hazardous situations to the DSD as discovered and take appropriate action as necessary.
- Ensure understanding of and compliance with all regulations regarding residents' rights.
- Maintain confidentiality of all pertinent resident, staff, or Community information deemed as such.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum one (1) year of related food serving experience preferred.
- Must pay attention to detail, be flexible/adaptable, have safety awareness, and be a team player.
- Must possess good organizational, rapport building, and communication skills.
- Must possess, or be willing to obtain, current food handler permit and certification of Hepatitis A vaccinations where required.
- Must have a positive Criminal Background Screening.
- Must pass a physical having no signs or symptoms of a communicable disease including tuberculosis where required. Freedom from tuberculosis must be documented on an annual basis where required.
Allegro Senior Living offers a wide variety of competitive benefit options to meet the needs of each associate.
Allegro is an EOE-(Equal Opportunity Employer) and drug-free workplace.