Personal and comfortable, with all the luxury amenities you'd ever want. The only hotel on the picturesque shores of Lake Washington, we're only three miles from the high-tech corridor of Redmond, Bellevue and Bothell and just fifteen minutes east of Seattle. That means we're minutes from where you need to be, but far from the everyday.
We have two extraordinary lakeside restaurants. State-of-the art business facilities. Unsurpassed views of the lake, Seattle skyline and the Olympic Mountains beyond. Northwest tranquility in the Northwest Face Spa at the Woodmark. And then there's our incredible staff. Woodmark employees are warm, approachable and anticipate your every need. We love to delight with extra touches to make your stay special: martini bars in every room, garden sculptures adorning our lakeside esplanade and our famous complimentary "Raid the Pantry" every night. And while you're a guest here, you're also a member of the Woodmark Yacht Club, which means access to private parties, kayaking and boat tours of Washington Lake aboard the Woodmark II, our 1956 Chris Craft.
Truth is, our idyllic location on Lake Washington makes everything more serene. A corporate retreat re-energizes your staff. A family reconnects on a sunset kayaking trip. A lakeside wedding becomes forever. Hugely popular for corporate events, weddings and important family occasions, the Woodmark Hotel & Spa is ultimately a place where guests feel at home, and home is on the shores of Lake Washington. Please join us.
Job OverviewThe Server Assistant/Food Runner is responsible for working with the expo to assure prompt delivery of the food that is ready in the “hot” and “cold” windows in the kitchen. The Server Assistant/Food Runner is responsible for delivery to the tables in the Food & Beverage Outlet . The Server Assistant/Food Runner and expo work both together and independently to assure that every plate looks correct and to deliver hot/cold food in a timely manner to the guests in all outlets. The Server Assistant/Food Runner together with the service staff is responsible for bringing any additional items the guests need to complete their meal.Essential Functions
- Checks each plate of food to be correct as ordered by the guest
- Makes sure all condiments are accompanying each order
- Assures that every item on the order is ready and on the tray together
- Works diligently to avoid breakage and loss
- Notifies server of guest needs
- Completes all opening, on-going and closing side work and manager on duty as signed off on work
- Stocks/restocks appropriate linens for service
- Stocks/restocks work stations with appropriate plates and saucers, etc
- Informs server of any potential guest issues
- Provides general resort information for guests
- Flexibility. This is a demanding business and we look for flexibility with work days and hours, but it’s also a lot of fun!
- Experience. Previous experience passionately providing service to others. Excellent phone skills needed.
- People Person. The best part of serving others is creating experiences for them that go beyond the expected.
- Great communicator. Providing amazing experiences requires the ability to communicate to any guest, client or associate.
A qualified applicant is a “people person” who is flexible with their schedule, loves to serve others, and knows how to multi-task while ensuring accuracy.