Overlooking the Pacific Ocean in the town of Del Mar, L'Auberge Del Mar is the perfect place to enjoy all that Southern California has to offer. After a $26 million renovation introducing award-winning dining options and a cheerful and cozy spa, we're proud to say that the sea has never been this sweet.
Our most important priority is to make L'Auberge Del Mar a successful, enjoyable and progressive place to work. Our associates are our greatest assets and we pledge our best efforts to ensure that every associate is respected as an integral part of the L'Auberge team. Our commitment to excellence ensures a level of service that consistently anticipates and exceeds the expectations of our guests. Our associates take a pro-active approach to provide consistently high standards of personal and attentive service to our guests. L'Auberge embraces an entrepreneurial spirit and nurture an environment where our associates create better ways to do things. We offer a competitive compensation and benefit package, 401 (k) retirement plan with matching contributions, career development programs, exceptional training programs , amenity discounts, Destination Hotel and Resorts discounts, complimentary meals and parking, opportunities for promotion from within, holiday dinner parties, associate recognition programs, associate opinion surveys, paid vacations and holidays. If you want to be challenged, make a difference, and experience a sense of accomplishment, we invite you to learn more about our exciting employment opportunities.
Job OverviewYou will be an integral member of the team that creates distinctively different and authentic experiences for our guests. You will be responsible for greeting guests, taking orders, serve food and beverages, and checking on guest satisfaction. You will use the freedom to go beyond to turn guest interactions into moments of magic. Essential Functions
- Enthusiastically welcome our guests into the restaurant
- Share your knowledge and recommendations of the food & beverage menus to our guests
- Utilize the freedom to go beyond and take initiative to resolve guest complaints and create loyalty
- Create memorable experiences with your welcoming personality by genuinely relating to guests and associates
- Communicate with culinary team regarding meal requirements, allergies, dietary needs and special requests
- Multi-task with an impeccable eye for detail to ensure accuracy and efficiency
- Flexibility. This is a demanding business and we look for flexibility with work days and hours, but it’s also a lot of fun!
- Experience. Must meet the legal age requirement to serve alcohol. Previous experience passionately providing food and beverage service to others preferred.
- Knowledge. Alcohol service and Food Handler certifications are required. Familiarity of restaurant terminology and food service techniques preferred.
- People Person. The best part of serving others is creating experiences for them that go beyond the expected.
- Great communicator. Providing amazing experiences requires the ability to communicate fluently in English both verbally and through legible writing
- A qualified applicant is a “people person” who is flexible with their schedule, loves to serve others, and knows how to multi-task while ensuring accuracy.