At BENCHMARK, a global hospitality company the definition of success is as individual as each of the over 10,000 employees worldwide who compose our award-winning teams. Each person brings unique skills, talents, experience, history, and culture to our company. Together, they form an extraordinary mosaic that supports BENCHMARK's very entrepreneurial culture. Each team member's desire for accomplishment is supported by our determination and passion to build successful and rewarding futures.
Inspiring ways to “Bee the Difference” with every guest and employee interaction. We’ve created a place where YOU feel at home with an excellent working environment that encourages our “Bee the Difference” Culture. We provide benefits for Fulltime employees such as; Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short-term and Long-term disability and recently adding Critical Illness and Accidental Insurance.
Company 401 k and Employee Assistance Program is available to ALL employees including complimentary lunch, uniforms, and a continuous education opportunity with our Grove Graduate Program.
Our NEW destination. Yours to discover.
The Grove Resort & Spa, where we have perfected the art of meeting your high expectations.
POSITION START DATE: September 11,2017
BASIC FUNCTION: Service of food and/or beverage to include the order-taking and delivery of any food and/or beverage items. This task is to be handled in a friendly, courteous, helpful, timely and professional manner resulting in a very high level of guest satisfaction.
QUALIFICATIONS:EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, TRAINING, & WORK EXPERIENCE
v Education: Any combination of education, training or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities. Grade school education preferred.
v Experience: No prior experience required. Prior hospitality experience preferred.
v Licenses or certificates: Ability to obtain any government required licenses or certificates. For example: Washington Health Card; Oregon Liquor Service Permit. TIPs, Serve Safe, CPR Certification and/or First Aid training preferred.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Must have basic knowledge of food and beverage preparation, service standards, guest relations and etiquette.
- Knowledge of the appropriate table settings, service ware and menu items.
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language sufficient to understand menus, special promotions, record orders, communicate with guests to explain and record orders.
- Ability to remember, recite and promote the variety of menu items.
- Ability to transport large trays weighing up to 30 lbs. through a crowded room on a continuous basis throughout shift.
- Ability to be on your feet at a length of time.
- Ability to operate beverage and toast equipment.
- Ability to operate a keyboard and learn Point of Sale procedures to pre-check order and close out the check.
1. Check station before, during and after shift for proper set-up and cleanliness.
2. Greet the guests in a friendly and courteous manner and explain any specials and/or restaurant promotions for guest awareness.
3. Record the details of the order from the guests, repeating the order to the guest to check for accuracy.
4. Input the order into the Point of Sale computer to inform the kitchen of the particulars in the order being placed.
5. When complete, retrieve order up to 30 lbs. from kitchen, confirm its accuracy, lift and deliver to guest along with appropriate condiments. Abide by all State, Federal and Corporate liquor regulations pertaining to serving alcoholic beverages to minors and intoxicated guests.
6. Replenish beverages as necessary and check with guests for overall satisfaction.
7. Market and serve upon request any dessert items or specialty coffees.
8. Present the check to guest promptly.
9. Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel
10. Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established by Benchmark from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Employees with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
11. Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with Benchmark rules and regulations for the safe and efficient operation of hotel facilities. Employees who violate Hotel rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the hotel.
1. Supplement the bus help in clearing and resetting the tables.
2. Perform all assigned side work to include replenishing condiments and restocking side stands.
3. Perform any general cleaning tasks using standard hotel cleaning products as assigned to adhere to health standards.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V