Mansion on Forsyth Park
Location: US - GA - Savannah
Objective / Purpose / Summary:
This position is primarily responsible for serving meals to patrons in dining establishment by performing the following duties.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Essential Duties / Responsibilities / Tasks:
· Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Presents menu, answers questions, and makes suggestions regarding food and service.
· Writes order on check or memorizes it.
· Relays order to kitchen and serves courses from kitchen and service bars.
· Garnishes and decorates dishes preparatory to serving.
· Observes diners to respond to any additional requests and to determine when meal has been completed.
· Totals bill and accepts payment or refers patron to Cashier.
· Ladles soup, tosses salads, portions pies and desserts, brews coffee, and performs other services as determined by establishment's size and practices.
· Clears and resets counters or tables at conclusion of each course.
· Sets up restaurant for service.
· Prepares beverages for distribution to table.
· May clear and reset tables.
· Inventory and restock supplies as needed.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to extreme cold and extreme heat.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms and taste or smell. The employee is occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an incumbent/Grand Performer in this position may be asked to perform
Qualifications: Education / Certifications / Work/Industry Experience:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities (KSA’s) & Competencies:
1. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
2. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
3. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
4. Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
5. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
6. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
7. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.