As the world’s largest hotel company, and a leading player in the global hospitality industry, Wyndham Hotel Group boasts 7,500 hotels and 15 brands in 70 countries—all supported by more than 7,000 associates on six continents. And we know our success is attributable to our associates, a bright, talented and diverse group of individuals who embrace our signature Count On Me! service culture and have a passion for excellence.
Wyndham Hotel West Energy Corridor is hiring for a Part Time Server.
Wyndham Hotel West is the heart of Houston’s thriving Energy Corridor—home to international oil, gas, and technology companies. Whether here on business or here for fun, our guests enjoy the close proximity to world-class dining, sporting events, and shopping that the area has to offer. Our hotel provides countless services and amenities to make our guests feel their best while on the road, from free WIFI to a fitness center to an indoor heated saline pool. Our guests can unwind after a busy day over dinner or drinks in our two restaurants, and experience a deeply rejuvenating sleep in one of our 344 stylish guest rooms. From comfortable beds to contemporary ballrooms, we promise a relaxing, productive, and enjoyable stay in Houston
This position is responsible for providing all guests seated in the lounge with an enjoyable experience, through quality service in the most efficient manner at all times.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
• Provides guests with exceptional service in order to achieve customer satisfaction.
• Reviews the menu and becomes thoroughly familiar with food and beverage items and means of preparation being offered that day, including the ingredients, preparation, sauces, spirits and garnishes as well as the wine list, what cocktails compliment which food items, and why.
• Checks with manager for assigned station. Ensures station is properly set up and cleaned before, during, and after shift.
• Greets guests in a friendly and courteous manner and explains any specials and/or restaurant/lounge promotions for guest awareness.
• Takes guests’ cocktail and food orders, answering all menu questions, making helpful suggestions, and citing a favorite item.
• Presents properly written food check to kitchen/bar, informing of particulars in the order being placed; when complete, retrieve order, confirm its accuracy, and deliver to guest along with appropriate condiments.
• Anticipates guests’ needs.
• Practices “clean as you go” techniques of service, including refolding napkins and cleaning between courses, and keeping the station clean, neat, and supplied at all times.
• Closes all guest checks in a timely manner, ensuring all checks are properly signed and printed.
• Completes assigned side work and resets tables for the next meal function.
• Maintains current knowledge of hotel culture, amenities and services, events in the area, points of interest, and services in the area.