IN 2016, DESTINATION AND COMMUNE STARTED A NEW JOURNEY TOGETHER.
We set off to create the most extraordinary independent hospitality company in the world. By combining two brands that embody freedom and discovery, we have assembled an unrivaled collection of unique properties, passionate people, and remarkable experiences from across the globe. No other company can lead this journey and feed the endless curiosity of today's fiercely individual traveler. We are in the business of individuality. It's the hallmark of our entire portfolio, running through all of our collections and each one of our properties. It describes every guest, owner, and team member. And it's the centerline down the road we are on. We don't know where the next fork in the road will take us, but we do know we'll enjoy the journey. We welcome you to join us.
Job OverviewTwo Roads Hospitality is looking for a driver; a charismatic leader who others will follow and learn from; a coach, business partner and innovator who will inspire others to higher levels of performance.
The Senior Vice President of Operations, West provides overall leadership, guidance and direction on operational decisions for the western region, is a “talent aggregator” and builds winning teams, and empowers these service oriented high performing teams with the tools to enable their individual world class brands to come to life for guests.
The leader we seek is a proven leader as defined by their followers, uses personality and talents to compel others to action and uses influence and relationships to accelerate performance. We want a creative thinker who has a proven track record of customized successful solutions for each property; this leader will provide the right balance of “push and pull” to deliver optimal performance.
Success will be defined through high performance; the fulfillment of promises we make to owners and each other; cultural stewardship, leadership through trust; the successful implementation of a vision and strategy, and the ability to problem solve well.
Essential Functions• Building winning teams – We are looking for the best and brightest talent to join our company and grow our platform. In this role, you are a steward of the career development of many people.
• Working beyond traditional reporting structures and lines to achieve world class results. We are a matrixed organization, and get the best results by harnessing the power of collective strengths of others. And, we like it this way! It’s part of our entrepreneurial spirit.
• Love numbers. Between budget planning and helping property leaders find value add ways to run their business, you will spend a portion of each day/week exercising this muscle.
• Building relationships – use your winning personality so that people will follow, if for no other reason other than curiosity.
• Be a superhero – spot trends and see what customers see, see business changes that are coming so that you can help others prepare in advance of those changes.
• Communicate well – connect people to one another and to ideas and foster meaningful communication throughout the company.
• Solve problems – Gets in the trenches, “rolls ups the sleeves” and figure it out. You either have the gene or you don’t.
• All of the above come more naturally if you have complex diverse experience in the business, ideally including independent urban hotels.