Are you looking for an employer that respects your knowledge and entrepreneurial spirit yet provides a framework of guidance and support? Chesapeake Hospitality, one of the country's top hotel management companies is looking for an organized and detail-oriented Senior Staff Accountant for our corporate office, located in Greenbelt, Maryland, to assist with multi-property Accounting.
As a Senior Staff Accountant, you would be responsible for supporting the Accounting and HR teams at the corporate and hotel level while abiding by federal, state and company's policies and procedures. This is a mid-level position with great potential for growth. Candidates must have a background in accounting. While hospitality experience is not required, this position calls for flexibility, strong communication skills and the ability to multitask.
- Prepare financial statements
- Perform general accounting functions, including operation of general ledger system, journal entries, balance sheets and month-end close
- Analyze financial information, call attention to trends, collect information and prepare reports
- Prepare bank and other reconciliations
- Prepare recurring and non-recurring journal entries
- Process accounts payable/cash disbursements
- Audit employee expense reports to ensure compliance with expense report policies and proper coding and allocations
- Analyze and process sales tax
- Review and reclassify all entries booked to miscellaneous accounts
- Prepare monthly property bills for all 3rd party vendors
- Maintain required records, reports, and files in an organized manner
- Ensure confidential documents are kept in a secured area or are shredded
- Work with Director of Hotel Accounting on special assignments and projects
- Assist employees and third parties with accounting related inquiries
- Some travel might be required for this position
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that s/he can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- A high level of integrity
- Exceptional presentation and communication skills
- BS in Accounting, Finance or a Business Related field or relevant experience
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation is preferred but not required
- Minimum of 2 years of Accounting experience
- At least one year of progressive experience in a hotel or related field preferred
- Superior MS Office skills and exposure to large accounting software's like Great Plains, Excel & ADP.
- Knowledge of GAAP, accrual base accounting, organizational auditing, fixed asset accounting, and tax filing requirements not required but a plus
SALARY & COMPENSATION:
This position offers a yearly bonus based on the performance of the company as well as health insurance, 401k, life insurance, voluntary LT & ST Disability, Paid Time Off, professional development and opportunities for career advancement.