Senior Sales Manager
Great Wolf Lodge - Sandusky
Location: US - OH - Sandusky
Jun 14, 2018
Great Wolf Lodge - Sandusky
- Willingness to accept the most effective role.
- Responsible for the promotion of a safe and professional workplace through adhering to policies and procedures as outlined in the Great Wolf Resorts handbook.
- Generates group sales business and meets budgetary goals through all appropriate sales channels.
- Targets results-oriented high revenue potential sales calls to ensure a successful direct sales program, in accordance with goals established by department budget and marketing plan.
- Generates business from telemarketing, appointments, site visits, cold calls and general inquiries via email/phone.
- Uses peak hours to "sell" and the non-peak hours to do account maintenance tasks.
- Keeps accounts current and records prospects and accounts by creating tracing system for callbacks, release dates, future meetings, etc.
- Tracks all contact data in OPERA.
- Maintains relationships and a cadence of communication with all accounts to maintain top of mind awareness.
- Assists in the preparation of group room blocks forecasts.
- Submits a weekly report to the DOS.
- Prepares group proposals as well as sales materials and contracts.
- Responsible for group room and catering revenue and PPC/Qualified Discount goals that make up overall revenue budget for lodge.
- Provide valuable market information.
- Captures competitor's accounts through networking, research and reader board surveys in order to target and solicit those most probable to generate new business.
- Exercise appropriate authority to negotiate pricing for Meeting Room Rental and Audio Visual.
- Provides consultation/advice to clients on all aspects of lodge facilities and services when proposing and contracting groups and events.
- Monitors room blocks and communicates with appropriate property personnel on a weekly basis regarding group room pick-ups, rooming lists, etc.
- Creates and updates quarterly action plans outlining business objectives and Annual WIGS.
- Represents the lodge in investigating and resolving any group complaints or conflicts including, but not limited to, billing issues, misplaced items, and contract discrepancies.
- Assist in the supervision, control and administration of the entire Sales staff.
- Hires, trains, motivates and provides guidance on a daily basis to members of the Lodge sales team.
- Conducts annual performance/contribution assessments with those members of the sales team.
- Participates fully in Project Green Wolf, our company-wide environmental sustainability initiative, which includes, but is not limited to, recycling, waste reduction, and energy and water conservation.
Four-year college degree and hotel, resort and/or theme park background a plus.
Demonstrates an above average attention to detail including excellent written and oral communication skills.
Strong administrative skills including a command of all MS Office products.
Ability to develop rapport with prospects as well as fellow team members and management.
Ability to maintain strong working relationships.
Successful completion of criminal background check and drug screen.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or veterans' status.
Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in the United States will not be considered.