Major Duties and Responsibilities:
•Prospect and manage targeted geographical areas globally for all business segments including but not limited to Consortia, Group and Business Transient.
Ensures property receives fair market share benchmarked through Hotelligence.
• Responsible for achieving/exceeding quarterly revenue goals.
• Creates and executes segment specific strategic sales plans.
• Develops agency and account action plans updated quarterly.
• Travels 35% of the time to key target cities domestically and internationally as directed by Director of Sales and Marketing.
• Manages overall travel and entertainment budget allocated to position..
• Works closely with Starwood's NSO team ensuring they properly represent property on all agency calls.
• Develops action plans to increase long-term bookings and suite sales.
• Utilizes all available tools to gain leads; i.e., Hoovers, Hotelligence, etc.
• Maintains and updates database of agents; works with marketing to execute on-going communications.
• Assists in tactical property marketing plans for consortia, packages, etc.
• Assists as needed in annual on-property consortia RFP process.
• Entertains customers on property and during site inspections (includes decision makers, influencers and high-level guests.)
• Understands competition; keeps up on changes in NY 5 star luxury hotel scene.
• Reviews daily arrivals; isolates potential new accounts; interacts with guests along with Guest Relations team.
• Generates data, analyzes and recommends actions.
• Assists with properties GDS marketing campaign.
• Ensures all communications of brand and positioning of property is adhered to.
• Attends industry meetings and participates in industry organizations and events.
• Participates in and maintains active community relations.
• Participates in corporate activities and meetings, as requested.
• Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned or required.
• Continuously updates intranet site to target key travel agent community.
• Ensure sales activities are strategic with return on investment.
Leadership Skill Requirements:
Consistently demonstrates our established Leadership Competencies:
Technical Skill Requirements:
Intermediary to advanced knowledge of MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Skilled in leveraging sales tools including but not limited to Hotelligence. Lightspeed knowledge a plus.
Other Skill Requirements:
Experience and Qualifications:
• College degree is required.
• Minimum 3 years’ experience selling the International market in group, wholesale or consortia segment. Luxury hotel experience and NYC sales experience preferred.
• Proven track record of successes in achieving revenue and service objectives.
New York, NY
Position Available: Immediately
Bonus Plan: Yes
Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in the location of this job will not be considered.
Other: Insurance, 401K, Sick, Vac, Holiday, Life Insurance
Management Position: Yes
Hiring Contact: Rhadames Lassis
Contact Title: General Manager
Phone: (212) 966-3400
Fax: 212 966 3400
Address: 370 Canal Street , New York, NY, 10013, US