Senior Sales Manager
800 Spring Street
Location: US - GA - Atlanta
Atlanta, GA, US
There’s no better place to work, stay and play than Midtown Atlanta. It’s one of the region’s defining urban districts, combining great shopping and exceptional dining. No matter the season, Midtown brings you inspired performances, exceptional museums and attractions and dynamic festivals and events. All amid a vibrant, authentic and walkable urban environment, with the city’s largest concentration of parks and green-space.
We are currently seeking the ideal candidate that would thrive in the Midtown area as well as fulfill the role of a Senior Sales Manager. The focus of this role will be to solicit, sell, and contract rooms for the assigned market in coordination with transient demand patterns and existing group business in order to maximize hotel room and related revenues. This role will also be tasked with taking on a leadership role within the department.
- Creates and executes strategic sales plans to identify, attract and retain appropriate business to hotel
- Outside Sales solicitation activities (sales calls, sales blitzes, client entertainment) to grow group rooms and related revenue
- Create meaningful client relationships
- Overnight travel for business related activities as needed
- Skillfully respond to incoming leads and maximize lead conversion from all sources
- Analyze and manage business opportunities to achieve the highest profit margins for department and hotel
- Creatively sells available hotel rooms and space to maximize revenue
- Proper procedures pre and post function to ensure payment
- Negotiate and finalize contracts within approved Crestline guidelines
- Ensures that guest rooms and meeting rooms are blocked
- Provide accurate forecasts to operational departments to ensure proper staffing
- Establishes on-site customer contact as needed and introduces customer to the service staff
- Follows-up with clients after each function to ensure satisfaction and solicit for additional business
- Ensure proper usage and that all required information is entered into sales software including all significant client communication
- Conducts oneself at all times in a professional business manner, acts as a professional representative of the hotel and an enthusiastic member of the sales team
- Volunteers and assists other sales members as needed in the achievement of their goals to ensure departmental goals are met
- Ensures Business Plan and related action plans / SMART plans are executed as established
- Position may be required to occasionally work flexible hours and weekends
- Other responsibilities as assigned by Supervisor
- Responsibilities are subject to change
Preferred Skills and/or Education:
- Must have a high school diploma or GED plus five years’ management experience in hotel and/or conference center sales; or any equivalent combination of education and experience which provides the above knowledge, skills and abilities. College Degree and Conference center experience preferred.
- Ability to effectively and efficiently utilize a variety of computer programs, i.e., Delphi, Word, Excel, property management system, etc.
- Full Service Hotel Sales Experience
- Excellent Written and Oral Communication skills
Interested candidates should apply at www.crestlinehotels.com