Pacifica Hotels is searching for an experienced Senior Sales Manager for our Pacifica Suites property in Santa Barbara. The Senior Sales Manager is primarily responsible for group business transient and FIT market segments for the hotel. The Senior Sales Manager is accountable for proactively soliciting and handling group and transient related opportunities with revenue potential.
Experience a Santa Barbara suite hotel like no other. Pacifica suites seamlessly melds classic beauty with modern amenities for a treasured experience in business and leisure travel. Among hotels near Goleta, none can offer the exotic collection of trees and plants that guests find at Pacifica Suites. None can claim residence with the historic Sexton House, a registered historic place built in the 1880s.
If you feel as though this position is a fit to your skill set, please apply online at www.pacificahotels.com/careers
Health Benefits, Travel Perks & More
Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, 401k, Vacation and Sick Leave are offered with this position along with a Team Member Travel Program, encouraging each team member to visit sister properties and enjoy exclusive team member rates for rest and relaxation. We also encourage quarterly team building and giving back to the communities in which we work through regular volunteering, and select charity promotions throughout the year.
Core functions of the position, but are not limited to the following;
- Target group and corporate transient accounts with heavy emphasis on proactive solicitation.
- Identify, qualify and solicit new accounts and focus on growing revenue for all three segments.
- Analyze current potential for focused segments and coordinate all activities to maintain and increase revenue and market share.
- Strive to achieve personal and property revenue goals.
- Close the best opportunities based on the market conditions and property needs.
- Develop and implement and effect strategic sales plan.
- Executive designated sales strategies to develop and solicit specific the group and corporate transient segment accounts to achieve revenue goals.
- Use sales resources and administrative staff effectively.
- Provide adequate follow-up and solicit repeat bookings.
- Build and strengthen relationships with existing and new customers and industry organizations to enable future bookings.
- Gain and understanding of the hotel’s primary target customer and service expectations; serve the customer by understanding their business, business issues and concerns to offer better viable solutions as you continue to grow relationship.
- Serve the customer by understanding their needs and recommending the appropriate features and services that best meet their needs and exceeds expectations, while building relationships.
- Confirm group bookings, using availability and rate guidelines approved by the General Manager.
- Promote all Pacifica managed hotels when appropriate
- Travel as necessary for sales calls and trade shows
- Respond promptly to requests by the Operational Supervisors and Corporate Director of Sales for reports and other assignments.
Markets: Group (Corporate, Association) Business Transient, FIT, Consortia
Sales Call Quota:
1) Minimum of 25 qualified phone calls per week in the office, recorded in SalesPro.
2) Minimum of 10 site tours per month
- 3 years hotel sales experience
- Strong English skills, both oral and written
- Strong presentation, communication and organizational skills required