Senior Manager, Content Strategy
The Senior Manager of Content Strategy will join Hilton at the start of creating this discipline and will be essential to the establishment of content goals, standards, structures and processes that enable Hilton to strategically create, distribute, and measure content. The Senior Manager of Content Strategy will work across disciplines, building expertise in Hilton's current content while identifying opportunities to improve process, quality, and reuse.
What will I be doing?
The Senior Manager of Content Strategy will serve as the champion for content best practices at Hilton and will help define the role of content in planning, development, content marketing, and performance measurement. The Team Member will be required to have an open mind and a willingness to get into the weeds to understand how content works, how it could work, and advocate for how it should work. The Senior Manager of Content Strategy will ensure content is a priority in decision making and goal setting. The content strategy practice is in development and this poses a rare opportunity to help build the discipline from the ground up.
Other key priorities are listed below:
* Identify and articulate opportunities for content to help achieve business goals
* Establish process and standards for content creation, structure, storage, and distribution
* Promote content strategy at Hilton and in the broader community of design and content professionals
* Collaborate with Designers, Researchers, Product Managers, Product Marketers and Engineers to ensure content can serve a global content audience
* Produce content audits, gap analyses, editorial calendars, content sourcing plans and production requirements
* Provide guidance for content governance and workflow
* Work collaboratively to examine and analyze existing content, identity guidelines and challenges
* Ensure that teams align on content objectives, assumptions, risks and success factors
* Review project work and provide feedback based on content strategy, priorities and requirements
* Facilitate cross-functional conversations to gain alignment and agreement on content priorities
* Advocate for content's role in digital strategy and production
* Support short and long term content strategy including vision development, taxonomy, governance and process design and quality checklists
* Measure content's performance including individual content metrics, ROI of content marketing initiatives and apply this insight into future programs and tactics
* Excellent interpersonal skills with willingness to educate and inform peers through workshops, content training programs and stakeholder presentations
* Self-starter with the ability to effectively manage multiple projects and see them through from inception to completion
* Team oriented disposition with ability to facilitate intra-group collaboration
* Strong organizational skills
Hilton World Wide Inc. is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
What are we looking for?
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- BA/BS Bachelor's Degree
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience in content strategy, content marketing, content management or related field
- Ability to collaborate with multiple teams and understand content performance metrics to make decisions on how to place the right content in the right place at the right time
- Demonstrated ability to define and manage strategic projects
- Must understand how to develop a project plan, content brief, content matrix and content strategy roadmap
- Strong analytical skills and comfort working with data and spreadsheets
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- A minimum of ten (10) years of experience in content strategy, content marketing, content management or related field
- Experience working on large digital projects including web redesigns
- Experience with complex workflows and multi-channel content distribution
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!