Senior Maintenance Technician (Hotel Engineer)
Currently, Hilton Grand Vacation is a subsidiary of Hilton. We presently anticipate that, at some point in 2016, Hilton Grand Vacations will be spun off from Hilton and become an independent, public company. We do not anticipate that this change will affect your terms of employment.
Hilton World Wide Inc. is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
What will I be doing?
As a Senior Maintenance Technician, you would be responsible for executing your position's responsibilities in alignment with our Spirit of Service culture and driving company success through performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Respond to customer calls and complaints to correct temperature conditions in a positive, polite and timely manner. Monitor public space temperature making appropriate adjustments when necessary and start/stop fans as required. Interact with the owners, guests, co-workers and management when necessary.
- Engineer and assist in start-up, shut-down and operation of all building equipment. Visually inspect gauges, temperatures and mechanical equipment.
- Perform the functions of a lighting console or spot light operator for banquets and meetings. Organization and maintenance of appropriate records regarding preventative maintenance and repairs required.
- Perform preventive maintenance and testing of all electrical systems, subsystems and equipment, including disassembly, replacement, cleaning and repair.
- Repair, maintain and trouble-shoot electrical equipment in accordance with wiring diagrams, schematics, operations manuals and manufacturers' maintenance instructions. Use of equipment such as, but not limited to, multi meters, amprobe, hand, and power tools are required to perform the functions of the position.
- Perform scheduled and non-scheduled maintenance on all boilers, chillers, pumps, heating, ventilation, air conditioning and related equipment.
- The ability to identify, trouble-shoot problems, and make repairs such as replacement of mechanical seals, re-pack pumps and valves, and replace bearings is required. Installation of belts, proper alignment checks, and repairs to fan coil units will be routine.
- Assist with requests to shut off steam, water and gas supplies.
- Assist in the monitoring and maintenance of stand pipe, sprinkler and interior fire alarm systems.
- Change filters on HVAC and fan coil units.
- Due to the cyclical nature of our business,, other duties and special projects may be assigned.
- Knowledge of HVAC systems including repair and maintenance and basic electrical and plumbing skills.
- Knowledge of OSHA standards for chemical use.
- Knowledge in minor sheet metal repair, brazing and soldering, controls calibration, pressure vessel repairs, piping replacement, and all associated fittings necessary.
- Skill in the use of hand and power tools including, but not limited to, drills, hoisting equipment, reciprocating saw, and pressure washing equipment. Knowledge of dial indicators and testing equipment for air, water balancing and control calibration.
What are we looking for?
Hilton Grand Vacations is a leader in the vacation ownership industry, operating with an unwavering commitment to innovation, quality, and continued growth. At the core of our company's success are our Team Members. To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- 5+ years of related experience in the maintenance field and in plant operations.
- 3+ years' experience as a HVAC mechanic in a complex facility. Previous experience with chillers, heaters, boilers and cooling towers.
- Previous EMS experience with shut-offs.
- Knowledge of all maintenance trades, including basic electrical, plumbing mechanical and carpentry.
- CPO Pool Certified.
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- EPA Universal Certification
- 7+ years of related experience in the maintenance field.
What will it be like to be a Team Member with Hilton Grand Vacations?
There's something truly unique about Hilton Grand Vacations. The foundation of our culture has been about creating memorable experiences and making a positive impact within our industry and the communities in which we live and work. Our Team Members are the driving force behind these efforts. It is their talent, passion, and commitment to our brand that has fueled the success of Hilton Grand Vacations.
Hilton Grand Vacations develops, markets, and operates a system of brand-name, high-quality vacation ownership resorts in highly desirable vacation destinations. Our company also manages and operates two innovative club membership programs: Hilton Grand Vacations Grand Vacations Club® and The Hilton Club®, providing exclusive exchange, leisure travel, and reservation services for more than 250,000 Club Members.