Senior Director Sales Americas, Meetings & Events (Remote Opportunity)
Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group
Location: US - MN - Minnetonka
The Senior Director, Sales, is responsible for leading and implementing a meetings and events sales strategy for the Americas which will optimize revenue growth and leverage intermediaries across theaters. The Senior Director will develop and integrate the go-to-market Americas sales strategy across brands and functions ensuring sales investments and spend are leveraged to maximize opportunities while maintaining the legal obligations of all partners. This can be a remote position anywhere located in the US.
Americas Sales Strategy
- Develop and implement an Americas sales strategy specific to meetings and events, work processes and operating principles that align to the global sales strategy
- Continuously monitor sales trends and incorporate learnings into sales strategies
- Develop and implement preferred account programs
- In conjunction with the Vice President of Sales & Distribution for the Americas, develop, implement and manage the Amercias Sales structure with defined roles and responsibilities
Americas Sales Management
- Define and execute annual sales plan to drive revenue generation
- Acquire, develop and manage key and large accounts and relationships
- Drive Americas account revenue including new contracts and strategic partner alliances.
- Develop, implement and manage sales KPIs and goals. Lead efforts where corrective action is needed.
- Ensure on-going working relationships and processes between global and the Americas sales organization are operating effectively
- Development and deployment of sales programs, tools and processes
- Coordinate trade show representations.
- Design and execute sales training programs for internal sales teams
- In partnership with the other theaters, develop an aligned strategy for global TMC and consortia partners
- Develop and optimize relationships with global TMC and consortia partners driving improved market share
- Negotiate and manage contracts with global TMC and consortia partners
Communication and Relationships
- Develop strong personal relationships with targeted key accounts
- Ability to build credibility with key decision makers and influence decision making
- Monitors market changes, key challenges, gaps in performance and recommended strategies for addressing opportunities and issues facing the business. Recommends strategies and actions to address the issues and challenges.
- Collaborates across theaters to share best practices and identify opportunities for improvements.
- Develops, coaches, and provides feedback to a team of sales leaders
- Follows cyclical talent management processes including goal setting, quarterly check-in, annual performance reviews.
- 10+ years of Senior Leadership in sales and sales management in the hospitality industry
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field, MBA or Masters is desirable
- Understanding of global markets and customers
- Track record of developing and implementing solutions that drive profitable sales growth Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively across multifunctional teams.
- Proven leadership skills, results oriented.
- Experience leading a team
- Ability to manage diverse points of view and influence decision making
- Global experience/mindset
- Ability to evaluate the current business and develop new or different solutions to drive the business forward
- Excellent interpersonal skills with executive level colleagues, customers and partners. Ability to leverage this network to drive the business
- Must be able to cultivate strong internal and external customer relationships
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time.