Since 1981, Sunrise Senior Living has been the employer of choice for warm-hearted people searching for meaningful work in a nurturing, ethical and active environment. We offer a uniquely sensitive approach and personal touch to caring for people in the senior years of their lives.
With 270 communities located throughout the U.S., 16 communities in Canada and our Community Support Office located in McLean, VA., we are always seeking exceptional people with a passion for working with seniors. Above all, we want people who are dedicated to the mutually rewarding experience that comes from caring for others.
Sunrise team members share Sunrise’s passion for seniors and commitment to quality. We hire the very best team members who have a natural serving heart and commitment to providing the very best in service and care.
From its early beginnings, Sunrise has cultivated a caring, family-like atmosphere for our team members. We champion the quality of life, not only for seniors, but also for the team members who care for them. People who choose to pursue a career at Sunrise enjoy our personal touch to providing focused, daily care.Feel the warmth of a Sunrise career.
At Sunrise Senior Living, we pride ourselves as pioneers in setting standards of excellence, and strive to provide care & services to seniors across our 300+ locations in the United States, Canada and the UK better than anyone. In alignment with our mission and values you will be part of a dynamic and talented team of professionals. You will find opportunities that provide more than just a job. Sunrise is a place where personal and professional growth is an integral part of your career experience.
Sunrise Senior Living has an exciting opportunity for Senior Dining Services Coordinator to support our Northeast communities
RESPONSIBILITIES & QUALIFICATIONS
The Dining Services Director is responsible for providing overall leadership and management of the food & beverage and dining services operations in the community while meeting and or exceeding Sunrise quality service standards. These responsibilities include but not limited to oversight of procurement, preparation and service of the food per the Sunrise designated Menu Program, financial management of the department, supervising and training team members. Ensures safe food handling & sanitation of food areas, inventory and rotation of products, accurate record keeping, and regulatory compliance. This position is appropriate for full service communities and or communities with typically 150+ resident capacity.
Experience & Qualifications
* Culinary Certificate or Bachelor's degree in food service management or equivalent with six (6) to eight (8) years supervisory experience in hospitality or fine dining industries.
* Demonstrated ability to effectively hire, coach, and manage performance for staff of 15 or more in multi-site environment
* Ability to train chefs and dining room staff
* ServSafe certification required
* Menu design and catering experience
* Understanding of corporate budgeting
* Maintains current Food Services Sanitation certificate and demonstrates knowledge of nutrition and therapeutic diets
* Ability to delegate assignments to the appropriate individuals based on their skills, roles and interests
* Possess written and verbal skills for effective communication and the ability to facilitate small group presentations
* Demonstrates good judgment, problem solving and decision making skills
* Demonstration of proficiency in computer skills, Microsoft Office (Windows, Outlook, Excel) and Sunrise applications with the ability to learn new applications
* Ability to work weekends, evenings and flexible hours, available for our customers at peak service delivery days and times
* Extensive travel. This position requires the team member to be on the road 100% of the time.
* Experience in many different size operations essential as this position support the dining operations of various communities with short term vacancies.
* Leads the dietary and dining services team in department objectives based on sound financial analysis and service standards, keeps work records and schedules, manages department budgets, requisitions supplies, monitors inventories and establishes appropriate controls
* Oversees the completion of Production Sheets one (1) week prior to service
* Adheres to menu and recipes as outlined in the Sunrise Menu Program
* Ensures adherence to therapeutic diets, correct portioning of foods and proper serving methods
* Ensures all meals are prepared in accordance to the Sunrise standards and served on time
* Monitors and evaluates food service in all service delivery areas to ensure quality service standards are met; such as but not limited to quality and consistency of the food, temperature, portion control, palatability and attractiveness of food presentation.
* Analyzes feedback and takes corrective action when necessary to promote a higher quality food service
* Actively supports all special events with exceptional emphasis on marketing events
* Ensures food is protected from contamination & safe food handling is practiced at all times to prevent an outbreak of food borne illness
* Ensures compliance with local health department regulations and Sunrise standards
* Promotes customer engagement activities and interacts with residents during meal times to monitor resident satisfaction or concerns about food service and develops plans to address as appropriate
* Reviews, reads, notates and initializes the Daily Log and Chef's Daily Assistant Log to document and learn about pertinent information and any resident's dietary, physical and behavioral changes
* Refers to the Resident Profile and Addendums for every new resident
* Assess the resident's specific dietary needs
* Actively participates in monthly Resident Counsel Meetings and other identified food committee meetings Essential Duties: Supplies Management & Risk Essential Duties: Supplies Management & Risk Management
* Adheres to established product order guide(s) and primary vendor program as outlined in the Sunrise Menu Program
* Ensures compliance with HACCP (Hazard Analysis & Critical Control Point) and local health department regulations
* Maintains an adequate inventory of food and supplies including emergency supplies
* Partners with leadership team to ensure community is in compliance with OSHA requirements and promotion of Risk Management programs and policies
* Ensures the following procedures and practices are enforced as needed: Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), fire extinguishers, MSDS (Material Safety Data Sheets), Lockout Tagout procedures
* Coordinates action for any repairs and scheduled maintenance of equipment Essential Duties: Record Keeping
* Establishes and maintains an accurate system for tracking of meals served for residents, team members, guests and catered events
* Ensures that food production records including menu substitutions are maintained
* Ensures log books are in compliance per federal, state and Sunrise standards (temperature log, refrigerator log, freezer log, cleaning log)
* Ensures cleaning schedules, in-service training records, department communication log, vendor problem logs, department opening and closing checklists are maintained
* Maintains Resident Diet Book, confidential Diet Board / Indicator, Data Card or Chart Essential Duties: Financial Management Essential Duties: Financial Management
* Assists in the presentation and value of Sunrise's products and services for our residents, families and team members and targeted referral sources
* Assists the executive director in completing the annual community budget Understands and manages the department budget to include labor and other expenses and it's impact on the community
* Reviews monthly financial statements, implements plans of action on deficiencies
* Process and submit monthly expenses and budget data timely per Sunrise policies and internal business controls
* Coordinates with the community team to achieve maximum staff economies and cross training when applicable
* Understands the internal cost associated with all Sunrise resident care programs
* Overall management of the department, including but not limited to: recruiting, hiring, training, coaching and disciplining
* Partners in the delivery and participation in Sunrise University Training and self-study programs during the required timeframe
* Develops a working knowledge of state regulations and ensures compliance through supervising and coaching team members
* Achieves the Team Member Engagement goals and actively leads in the Engagement Improvement Planning sessions
* Completes team member staffing and scheduling according to operational and budgetary guidelines
* Daily reviews of timekeeping practices and payroll reports to ensure all hours worked are recorded and appropriately paid
* Conducts timely performance appraisals with meaningful conversations
* Holds team accountable and corrects actions when necessary and documents
* Attends regular meetings; Stand Up, Cross Over, Department Head Meetings, Town