B. F. Saul Company Hospitality Group
Senior Corporate Human Resources Manager
Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in the United States will not be considered.
- Happy, professional team members who demonstrate aggressive friendliness.
- A clean, crisp, safe property where everything works.
- Guests and team members receive all that they expect... plus a little bit more.
The Senior Corporate Human Resources Manager is primarily responsible for partnering with the Assistant Vice President of Human Resources to implement HR programs and projects across B.F. Saul Hospitality Group to include change initiatives, talent development, workforce analytics, retention and engagement and employee relations. This individual will partner with leadership and hotels on new and existing program delivery along with encouraging HR activities and behaviors that encourage high performing teams. They will also work on supporting addressing strategic aspects such as proactively creating solutions to organizational challenges and driving innovation.
The Senior Corporate Human Resources Manager must possess a strong passion and affinity for the human resources profession and be a team player with an engaging and approachable style. This individual must possess professional and personal agility and flexibility, combined with strong analytical and strategic problem solving skills. Having the ability to collaborate while at the same time having the initiative to drive for results is key. This individual will be hands-on, highly results-oriented, driven, focused and able to balance multiple priorities and issues in a global environment.
This individual reports to the Assistant Vice President of Human Resources and works closely with the corporate and hotel key leadership teams to drive the desired results through people strategies.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Duties will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Embrace and demonstrate B. F. Saul’s mission and values in daily interactions by fostering an environment of a service culture committed to service excellence
- Generate ideas, implement and communicate internal branding programs to ensure mission and values are carried through in hotels
- Work with AVP Human Resources and Corporate Hospitality Leadership Group to constantly evaluate effectiveness of employment branding communication avenues and make recommendations for change as appropriate
- Implement and follow up on team member surveys
- Work in conjunction with AVP Human Resources and Corporate Hospitality Team on leading recruitment for senior team members of the Hospitality Group
- Work in conjunction with AVP Human Resources and Corporate Hospitality Team on enhancing onboarding program and experience of all new hires
- Work in conjunction with AVP Human Resources and Corporate Hospitality Team to develop training programs for Hospitality Group team members that enhance tactical, managerial and professional skills.
- Assist in formulating policies and procedures to ensure sound HR business practices
- Ensure proper communication to property Human Resources teams as appropriate with follow up and tracking of compliance
- Develop and implement recognition opportunities
- Coach management when necessary on individual HR issues, performance problems, disciplinary procedures and promotions. Provides advice and options in solving problems and coaches as appropriate within area of designated responsibility
- Provide support and guidance to property Human Resources teams on HR related issues
- Work in concert with the VP Human Resources, corporate hospitality leadership and field based personnel to develop and implement behavioral and developmental training programs that aid in the fulfillment of the Hotel Division Mission Statement
- Assist in creation of and implementation of leadership based training programs
- Work with Corporate HR team to create and communicate orientation and onboarding expectations to field hotels and corporate hospitality
- Gather and communicate best practices to field
- Develop positive partnerships with Corporate business functions to drive results
- Ensure the people-perspective is represented in business decisions so implications are understood and employee population is proactively managed; assessing the impact of business decisions and provides solutions to optimize opportunities and mitigate any downsides.
- Manage multiple priorities in dynamic, changing environment
- Execute HR responsibilities in a timely and quality manner
- Undertakes special projects on behalf of the VP of Human Resources
- Other assigned duties as requested
JOB REQUIREMENTS (SKILLS /ABILITIES):
- A minimum of 5-8 years of Human Resources business partner support, progressive in nature
- Multi-unit experience in hotels a plus
- People management and project management experience highly desirable
- Previous hotel management or hotel human resources experience highly desirable
- Knowledge of employment regulations and administrative requirements
- Experience with change management and employees communications a plus
- Excellent oral and written communications; the ability to produce written communication; speak comfortably to people one-on-one, in small groups and to large audiences. Must have ability to listen with empathy
- Have ability to listen fairly and objectively, and promote action based on organization’s mission and values of past practices
- High level of business acumen; Have the business skills necessary to understand how the human resources function fits into the organization’s strategic plans as it moves forward.
- Strong work ethic and professional focus; the willingness to commit the time needed for success and to work smart towards company objectives
- Technology competence with HRIS software and programs
- High level of personal integrity, discretion and the ability to maintain confidentiality
- Team oriented personality; the ability to work effectively to accomplish performance goals and objectives
- Ability to handle multiple problems at once, keep files and records organized and in compliance and managing time effectively
- Demonstrated excellence in communications, problem solving skills and process improvement
- Ability to use independent judgement to solve people and organizational issues
- Demonstrated ability to stay positive and motivated in a growing, challenging and changing environment
- Strong coaching and consulting skills with a track record of quickly gaining credibility and partnering collaboratively with corporate and field teams
- Ability to interface and influence at all levels of the organization
- A Bachelor’s degree in business, human resources or related field required; masters preferred
- Evidence of continued education and development in current trends and issues in the industry and human resources leadership and management
EEO AA M/F/Vet/Disabled