Senior Accounting Specialist
Location: US - CO - Breckenridge
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's most innovative companies and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
The primary functions of this position are the daily revenue extracts from OnQ, daily revenue & stat uploads to PeopleSoft, processing of AR billing and wholesale billing, and accounting support for the properties. This position will also prepare journal entries, accruals, and work closely with the Broomfield accounting groups. Ensures timely reporting of daily, monthly revenue reports to internal users, management as required. This position will work with FD Mgr to be sure Night Audit staff is trained properly and completing tasks correctly. Also this position will prepare reports to assist in the analysis needed in planning, budgeting, cost controls and project controls. They will also assist in the development of business policies and conduct special financial & business related studies as well as provide recommendations for improvements.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Daily extract the revenue data from OnQ and convert to PeopleSoft accounting.
- Review daily the night audit material from DoubleTree and work with Management to correct any issues found.
- Process Be My Guest certificates online to ensure hotel is reimbursed from Hilton timely.
- Reconcile Hilton Rewards AR accounts (H11/H12).
- Post Advance Purchase and CenRes payments weekly.
- Manage customer inquires – group, wholesale, individual guests.
- Manage daily deposit activity.
- Reconcile daily over/short postings – communicate to Operations.
- Manage posting of credit cards through Shift 4 daily.
- Investigate/respond to credit card chargeback inquiries.
- Prepare Accounts Receivable billing for all groups at the DoubleTree within 7 calendar days of departure.
- Attend group pre/post convention meetings as requested.
- Handle all Wholesale billing for DoubleTree twice monthly.
- Process tax exemptions monthly.
- Reconcile/maintain the following A/R accounts weekly: Advance Purchase, Guest Refunds, BMG, RFTS, and others as needed.
- Maintain/reconcile all House Accounts.
- Maintain/reconcile the Advance Deposit report and the Reconciliation Report.
- Work closely with the Broomfield accounting group and develop a strong working relationship. Provide requested documentation timely.
- Provide appropriate training and support to the Night Auditors.
- Attend weekly DoubleTree staff meetings.
- Maintain confidentiality of resort and guest information to protect the assets of VRI.
- Assist with analysis needed in planning and budgeting.
- Complies with all Resort policies, procedures and standards of operation.
- Performs any additional tasks or projects as requested by management.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Ability to read and comprehend complex correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present detailed information both verbally and in written form to employees and guests throughout the organization.
- College degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or Hospitality related field
- Accounting experience in hotels, retail, restaurants or related field
- Previous experience with PeopleSoft, Stratton Warren, LMS and/or ELKE
If you’re hard working and feel exhilarated serving others, you’ll feel right at home in our authentic ski town and world-class mountain resort. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, we deliver an experience of a lifetime to every single guest that visits our mountain town. If you’re interested in moving mountains in your career, come work with us at Breckenridge where you’ll instantly feel at home. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 139462