Senior Accounting Services Manager (Fixed Assets)
The Senior Manager, Accounting Services reports to the Director, Accounting Services. This position will oversee the Accounting Services Department including the Accounting Services Managers. The Senior Accounting Manager will have direct supervision of the Treasury and Tax Groups. This position will fill in for Property Directors of Finance that are out of the office as well as be a secondary point of contact for the Property Directors of Finance. The Senior Accounting Services Manager will be in charge of creating and maintaining department specific process improvement action plans and metrics. This position will perform the day to day activities associated with accounting for a number of hotels, such as end-of-month general ledger posting and closing activities; P&L statement preparation; monthly accruals; governmental and tax reports. Additional responsibilities include training, scheduling, planning, organizing, directing and coordinating activities to promote efficient operations.
* Manages LFSC Tax and LFSC Treasury Group. (R-NET)
* Assist with compilation of financial data related to operations, monthly close process, investigates and critiques variances from expectations to determine cause(in Epicor, FRx and other systems), and report findings to the Property Director Finance.
* Assist in forecasting and budgeting of the BSC
* Review Hotel Balance Sheet Accounts prepared by the LFSC Staff.
* System administrator for the ( AssureNET work paper support and account reconciliation system) and ReconNET daily bank reconciliation system)
* Responsible for analyzing operational performance criteria against standards and assists LFSC management with the monthly commentaries
* Prepare, post, or review all relevant journal entries
* Prepares or reviews monthly accruals and end of month journal entries, and review of tax and regulatory reports/returns and ensures payment/deposit of any monies required in a timely manner
* Ensures proper and timely payment of fees for licenses, permits, regulatory contracts, insurance, and taxes.
* Create and maintain department specific process improvement action plans and metrics.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation:
* Knowledge of financial accounting systems
* Strong computer skills and ability to learn and use applications
* Knowledge of bank reconciliation applications
* Excellent client service skills
* Excellent communication skills
* Ability to work in a team oriented environment
* Ability to work independently in a time sensitive environment
* Ability to maintain confidentially is mandatory
* Ability to communicate clearly, timely, and accurately
* Ability to develop and maintain cooperative working relationships
* Ability to organize workload, adapt quickly to change, and deliver under the pressure of deadlines
* Extensive knowledge of computer based front and back of house hospitality systems
* Proficient in Windows, Excel, PowerPoint, Access software applications
* Ability to compile, analyze, and utilize complicated and integrated spread sheets
* Ability to meet deadlines and execute on commitments
* Effective management, leadership, organizational and communications skills
* Ability to work flexible schedule to include weekends and holidays
* System Experience: EPICOR, ADACO, Trintech (ReconNet & AssureNet), OPERA, Doc-Link
* Fixed Assets Experience
- Bachelors degree or equivalent in Accounting/Finance
- Three to five years management experience in Hospitality Accounting operations including
- preparation of financial statements, budgets, forecasting, and operational analysis
- Experience with account reconciliation software like Blackline or Trintech preferred
- Extensive knowledge of computer based front and back of house hospitality systems
- Proficient in Windows, Excel, PowerPoint, Access software applications
- Ability to compile, analyze, and utilize complicated and integrated spread sheets
- Ability to meet deadlines and execute on commitments
- Effective management, leadership, organizational and communications skills
Loews Hotels is a vibrant collection of one-of-a-kind hotels with distinct personalities. Each hotel and resort offers high-quality accommodations, impressive surroundings, personalized service, and thoughtful amenities for a luxurious guest experience. As a company we care about our guests, our community and our team members.
Headquartered in New York City, Loews Hotels manages properties in most major markets in the U.S. and Canada. Each property goes beyond Four Diamond standards to provide guests with a supremely comfortable, uniquely local travel experience at a great value. Loews Hotels boast prime locations in the cities of New York, Washington DC, Denver, Los Angeles, Nashville, Philadelphia, Annapolis, Montreal, and Quebec City, as well as world-renowned vacation destinations such as Miami's South Beach, Universal Orlando, New Orleans, Tucson, St. Pete Beach, and California's Coronado Island. Loews has established some of the industry's most innovative and successful travel programs, including Loews Loves Kids for families and Loews Loves Pets for discerning animals on the road.
At Loews Hotels, our team members' commitment to our guests and dedication to our communities is cherished. We seek genuine individuals who are able to engage and delight our guests by providing Four Diamond AND MORE service. We invest in training and development opportunities for all team members, so they may grow and develop as individuals. We embrace diversity at our core and offer the opportunity for all team members to reach their potential as professionals. At Loews Hotels, we seek to create a dynamic culture that makes work interesting, challenging, fulfilling and fun.
As part of our commitment to our team members, Loews Hotels is proud to offer competitive compensation and benefit plans tailored to each marketplace. These include:
- Pay that meets or exceeds area standards
- Retirement (401-K) and incentive plans
- Medical and dental coverage
- Short and long-term disability
- Life insurance
- Holiday and vacation pay
- Team member assistance plans
- Career development programs
- Tuition reimbursement programs
Loews Hotels is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse work culture, M/F/D/V