This position is responsible for maintaining the safety and security of all guests, employees, and physical assets of The Entertainment Complex and ensuring safe and efficient traffic flow; In addition to providing our guests with exceptional customer service, following proper uniform standards, maintaining cleanliness of your work environment, and gaining knowledge of specific job duties.
Positions are currently available for employees age 18 or older who are available to work throughout the Fall for HERSHEYPARK in the Dark and Christmas Candylane (October, November and December). Employees may also be eligible to return for the 2017 season.
Traffic Officers may be required to do one or all of the following tasks depending on assigned job:
- Provide exemplary service to guests and team members
- Reporting and reacting to hazardous conditions and emergency situations.
- Monitor all vehicles and employees entering and exiting property according to company standard to ensure al are authorized
- Inspect bags to prevent the introduction of prohibited items into the venues, event depending
- Check ID cards, passes and control pedestrian and vehicle flow
- Complete general security tasks
- Perform and complete assigned tasks from management as needed
- Consistently practice safe work habits including, but not limited to use of personal protective equipment, lifting and reporting unsafe situations
- Assist with event set up and tear down
- Maintain a professional appearance in accordance
- Must be 18 Years of age or older on the date of applying
- Must possess a high school diploma or comparative education (ie GED)
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Criminal justice/safety/security-related training and experience preferred.
- Must be friendly, upbeat, and work well with other employees and be able to interact well with our guests.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from work for your scheduled shifts.
- Must be detail oriented and have clear verbal and written communication skills
- Must display a positive attitude, eagerness to learn, and professional image in compliance with the Hershey Entertainment & Resorts guidelines.
- Must have the ability to safeguard confidential information
- Must be able to successfully complete all legal, company and department training requirements to include, but not limited to, passing required tests and certifications within established timelines
- Must be able to work flexible hours including days, evenings, weekends, and holidays. Hours may vary based upon operational needs
- Must be able to work in a combination of indoor and outdoor weather conditions.
- Physical requirements include standing, sitting, walking, and communicating and lifting a minimum of 50 pounds.
Nothing in this job description restricts managements right to assign or reassign tasks at any point.
Hershey Entertainment and Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer