Previously home to an elite athletic and social club, one of Chicago's most beloved landmarks from the 1890's is reborn as a bustling hotel playground, featuring a variety of iconic and unique restaurant and nightlife destinations, all in the heart of downtown. More than a restoration, Chicago Athletic Association is a revelation of historic architectural detail, from the grand marble staircases to the incomparable Cindy's Rooftop, showcasing creative food and drink with unmatched views across Millennium Park and Lake Michigan.
Job OverviewThe Security Officer is responsible for the overall security of hotel guests and assets, and is responsible to monitor assigned patrol areas.Essential Functions
- Patrol the property as required and ensure the security of hotel guests and assets
- Act as property first responder to alarms, medical calls, etc. maintain absolute confidentiality on sensitive issues
- Conduct detailed internal investigations into incidents, and provide detailed, objective reports for each shift or incident
- Detect and resolve immediate safety issues; respond to the scene of an incident and act as an emergency first responder if required
- Maintain accurate notes and log information as required; ensure that all pass-on information is communicated to the next shift
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Law enforcement education or Security certification helpful.
- Prior Security or Loss Prevention experience required. Previous experience in a full-service boutique or luxury hotel environment preferred.
- Prior experience using Microsoft Office required. Must display ability to work with general computer operations as well as CCTV system.
- Must be able to communicate professionally in English, both written and verbal. Conversational abilities in other languages helpful.
- Must display ability to communicate with diplomacy and tact in an effort to diffuse escalating situations and ensure all guests feel well-served.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. on an infrequent basis.
- Must be able to respond quickly to situations at all parts of the property over varied terrain and conditions.
- CPR certification and First Aid certification required.
- Must be able to multi-task and display ability to recognize that the guests’ interests and needs are always primary