Tucked away on Mission Bay you will find Paradise Point Resort & Spa, a 44-acre island resort conveniently located next door to SeaWorld and just minutes from the airport, downtown San Diego, and top attractions like the world-famous San Diego Zoo.
Featuring over 462 bungalow-style rooms nestled amongst tropical gardens, lagoons, and beaches, Paradise Point has served as a top destination for Southern California vacations, weddings, and meetings for over 50 years.
You will join a team of incredibly friendly and positive people that are all committed to providing exceptional service to all of our guests. We foster an environment of service and respect where everyone's ideas and points of view are welcomed.
Job OverviewThe Security Officer is responsible for the overall security of hotel guests and assets, and is responsible to monitor assigned patrol areas.Essential Functions
- Patrol the property as required and ensure the security of hotel guests and assets
- Act as property first responder to alarms, medical calls, etc. maintain absolute confidentiality on sensitive issues
- Conduct detailed internal investigations into incidents, and provide detailed, objective reports for each shift or incident
- Detect and resolve immediate safety issues; respond to the scene of an incident and act as an emergency first responder if required
- Maintain accurate notes and log information as required; ensure that all pass-on information is communicated to the next shift
- Other duties as assigned
- Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from high school or any other combination of training or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities
- Must possess required valid professional credentials (if required by state or local regulations)
- Valid certification in CPR/AED and first aid, or the ability to obtain certification
- Valid Driver’s License and satisfactory driving background/criminal history record
- Effective communication skills in English