Swire Hotels announces the opening in 2015 of EAST, Miami at Brickell City Centre, Swire Properties Inc.'s US$1 billion mixed use development in Miami's downtown financial district. It will be the hotel group's first property in the United States and the third hotel under the EAST brand, after the successful opening of EAST, Hong Kong in Island East in 2010 and EAST, Beijing at INDIGO, Beijing in 2012.
EAST, Miami is a lifestyle hotel with a pulse. Perched on top of Brickell City Centre, EAST connects directly to dozens of vibrant restaurants and countless shops while the thriving Brickell street scene lies just outside the door. In the heart of downtown, EAST, Miami offers 255 contemporary rooms, 8 modern suites and 89 serviced apartments.
We serve Guests with the freedom and spontaneity reflected in the individual personalities of our team members.
Who We Are
Swire Hotels is a collection of three individual brands of hotels. This includes the House Collective, EAST and Chapter Hotels. We promise to create different, surprising, relaxing, intoxicating and unique hotel experiences but only those that will actively improve the lives of our guests.
We set out to find natural, engaging and intuitive people and to create a style of service that is both highly professional, yet relaxed and unstuffy.
Our team members flourish by being encouraged to be themselves with guests in order to create engaging and intuitive relationships.
Nature of the Job
Basic Purpose & Objective of the Position
Hotel Safety and Security come first; this department is responsible for the safeguarding of hotel property, assets, guests, visitors, and employees. They maintain a pro-active loss prevention program designed to ensure a safe and secure environment for hotel guests and talent
* Delivers the brand promise and provides exceptional guest service at all times.
* Provides excellent service to internal customers.
* Handles all guest and employee complaints and inquiries in a courteous and efficient manner. Communicates immediately all guest and employee complaints to the Security Manager.
* Maintains positive guest and colleague interactions with good working relationships.
* Patrols hotel property to ensure the safety of guests and employees and to protect all hotel assets. Answers house calls, assists guests and employees with respect to safety, security and hotel operations. Initiates and follows-up all investigations of crimes committed against property and persons. Assists sick and injured guests and employees, ensuring documentation and disposition of reports.
* Initiates investigations, writes incident and accident reports, monitors investigations to their timely conclusion and ensures appropriate follow-up with guests, visitors and employees, documenting all contacts.
* Maintains accurate records while performing basic office duties including, but not limited to, camera monitoring, shift activity log and employee and guest binder interaction.
* Assists supervisor in checking alarm systems, safety and fire equipment systems and closely monitoring security of building doors, service areas and delivery areas.
* Supports Swire Hotels' cultural and people development implementations and characteristics.
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Employees with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. In addition, attendance at all scheduled training sessions and meetings is required.
Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with SWIRE rules and regulations for the safe and effective operation of the hotel's facilities. Employees who violate hotel rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience Requirements
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities:
* Minimum of one year security related background required.
* Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
* Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
* Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
* Must possess basic computational ability.
* Must possess basic computer skills.
* Class D license recommended.
* Knowledge of hotel policy and fire-safety procedures.
* Ability to operate hand held two-way radio and knowledge of Q codes.
* Most work tasks are performed indoors. Temperature is moderate and controlled by hotel environmental systems.
* Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 4 hours in length.
* Must be able to lift up to 15 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis.
* Must be able to push and pull carts and equipment weighing up to 250 lbs. in an emergency.
* Must be able to exert well-paced ability in limited space and to reach other departments and locations of the hotel and outside the hotel on hotel grounds on a timely basis.
* Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
* Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and other employees.
* Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near vision and depth perception.
* Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment.
* Must have finger dexterity to be able to operate office equipment such as computers, printers, 10-key adding machine, electric typewriter, multi-line touch tone phone, filing cabinets, FAX machines, photocopiers, dolly and other office equipment as needed.
* Licenses or Certificates
* Ability to obtain and/or maintain any government required licenses, certificates or permits. Current CPR certification and First Aid training required
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
See description above.