This position is responsible for maintaining the safety and security of all guests, employees, and physical assets of The Entertainment Complex; In addition to providing our guests with exceptional customer service, following proper uniform standards, maintaining cleanliness of your work environment, and gaining knowledge of specific job duties.
Positions are currently available for employees age 18 or older who are available to work throughout the Fall for HERSHEYPARK in the Dark and Christmas Candylane (October, November and December). Employees may also be eligible to return for the 2017 season.
- Provide exemplary service to guests and team members
- Reporting and reacting to hazardous conditions and emergency situations.
- Receive telephone and radio calls (utilizing two way radios), dispatch appropriate personnel, and log calls using an electronic database
- Monitor all vehicles and personnel entering and exiting properties according to company and department standard to ensure all are authorized
- Complete general security tasks
- Perform and complete assigned tasks from management as needed
- Consistently practice safe work habits including, but not limited to use of personal protective equipment, lifting and reporting of unsafe situations
- Monitoring alarm systems and closed circuit television systems
- Physical security patrols of assigned properties
- Conducting assigned safety inspections and security assessments of properties and venues
- Creating incident reports
- Maintain a professional appearance in accordance with Hershey Entertainment and Resorts appearance standards
- Must be 18 Years of age or older on the date of applying
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must possess a high school diploma or comparative education (ie GED)
- Prior security experience is preferred
- Criminal justice/safety/security-related training and experience preferred.
- Must be friendly, upbeat, and work well with other employees and be able to interact with our guests.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office
- Must have reliable transportation to and from work for your scheduled shifts.
- Must be detail oriented and have clear written and verbal communications skills
- Must display a positive attitude, eagerness to learn, and professional image in compliance with the Hershey Entertainment & Resorts guidelines. Please note: The Security department may be more stringent on the appearance guidelines due to business need.
- Must be able to successfully complete all legal, company and department training requirements to include, but not limited to, passing required tests and certifications within established timelines
- Must be able to work between the hours of 1100PM and 0700AM including days, evenings, weekends, and holidays. Hours may vary based upon operational needs
- Must be able to work in a combination of indoor and outdoor weather conditions.
- Physical requirements include standing, sitting, walking, and lifting a minimum of 50 pounds.
- Hours are between 1100PM and 0700AM or 0900PM and 0500AM
Hershey Entertainment and Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer