At BENCHMARK, a global hospitality company the definition of success is as individual as each of the over 10,000 employees worldwide who compose our award-winning teams. Each person brings unique skills, talents, experience, history, and culture to our company. Together, they form an extraordinary mosaic that supports BENCHMARK's very entrepreneurial culture. Each team member's desire for accomplishment is supported by our determination and passion to build successful and rewarding futures.
Inspiring ways to “Bee the Difference” with every guest and employee interaction. We’ve created a place where YOU feel at home with an excellent working environment that encourages our “Bee the Difference” Culture. We provide benefits for Fulltime employees such as; Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short-term and Long-term disability, Critical Illness and Accidental Insurance.
Company 401k and Employee Assistance Program is available to ALL employees as well as complimentary lunch, uniforms, and a continuous education opportunity with our Grove Graduate Program.
Our NEW destination. Yours to discover.
The Grove Resort & Spa, where we have perfected the art of meeting your high expectations.
3RD SHIFT 10PM TO 6AM
BASIC FUNCTION: Performs protective and enforcement functions in a courteous and restrained manner in coping with emergencies, undesired conduct, disturbances and threats to life and property to maintain a safe and secure environment.
QUALIFICATIONS:EDUCATION,KNOWLEDGE, TRAINING, & WORK EXPERIENCE
- Education: Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from high school or any other combination of education, training or experience that provides the required knowledge skills and abilities. High school diploma preferred.
- Experience: Prior law enforcement or other military experience preferred.
- Licenses or certificates: Security Dl license required. CPR/AED certification and first aid training preferred.
- Grooming: All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well groomed appearance (specific standards available).
- Other: Applicants with additional language skills preferred
- Thorough knowledge of the layout of the building, function rooms, and some knowledge of the city and surrounding areas.
- Ability to become certified in CPR / AED / First Aid within 90 days from employment.
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger and collect accurate information.
- Ability to listen effectively, speak, read and write English clearly to ascertain and document important information.
- Ability to stand, walk and/or sit and continuously perform essential job functions for duration of shift.
- Hearing and visual ability to observe and detect signs of emergency situations.
- Perform tasks requiring bending, stooping, kneeling, and walking significant distances between and within buildings on the property.
- Ability to follow written and or verbal instructions.
- Ability to grasp, lift and/or carry or otherwise move goods weighing up to 70 lbs. Sufficient manual dexterity in hands.
- Ability to climb stairs and ladders at a rapid pace.
- Ability to perform duties within extreme temperature ranges.
- Spend majority of shift on foot patrol, walking, climbing stairs of the interior and perimeter of the hotel to observe and identify potential security and safety risks or undesirable conditions.
- Requires verbal communication using cell phone or two way radio, bending, stooping and kneeling as in performing CPR.
- Maintain order in the hotel, dealing with the welfare of guests, e.g., assisting with door lock problems, coordinate expedient response to emergency conditions such as fire, fire or safety hazards and threats to life and/or property in a calm, rational and persuasive manner.
- Handle undesired conduct, violations of hotel policy and civil laws as warranted for the security and safety of hotel guests, employees, patrons and property. Requires grasping, lifting and or carrying or otherwise moving persons, packages, luggage, wheelchairs and safety equipment using manual dexterity of hands.
- Answer security telephone and safety hotline calls and respond in a timely manner based on priority.
- Observe the CCTV monitors for any unusual activity and in the case of suspicious behavior report directly, via radio, to the supervisor on duty; report any alarms similarly.
- Use a clear, concise English speaking voice, listen with empathy, provide accurate information and document legibly all appropriate incident information.
- Memorize and monitor life safety system installed at property including layout of entire building, alarm pull stations, location of fire extinguisher and sprinklers.
- Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established by Benchmark from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position.
- Employees with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
- Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel.
- Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with Benchmark rules and regulations for the safe and efficient operation of hotel facilities.
- Employees who violate Hotel rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V