Dramatically poised at the edge of the Pacific Ocean on the Palos Verdes Peninsula, Terranea's 102 acres are infused with the elegance of a classic Mediterranean estate, the casual energy of coastal Southern California, and countless ways to spend your days - all tied together with authentic, genuine hospitality and a deep respect for this irreplaceable oceanfront setting. A gracious, old-world ambiance permeates the grounds, from the resort lobby and outdoor gardens, to private terraces and inviting courtyards with outdoor fireplaces.
Located just south of Los Angeles, Terranea offers a 582-room resort, including a luxurious collection of residential bungalows, casitas and villas. The resort features a host of world-class amenities, such as The Links at Terranea, an award-winning 9-hole, par 3 golf course, the spectacular Spa at Terranea, three ocean view pools, family-friendly activities, and a collection of eight distinctive restaurants, bars, cafés and lounges.
Job OverviewThe Security Officer is responsible for the overall security of hotel guests and assets, and is responsible to monitor assigned patrol areas.Essential Functions
- Patrol the property as required and ensure the security of hotel guests and assets
- Act as property first responder to alarms, medical calls, etc. maintain absolute confidentiality on sensitive issues
- Conduct detailed internal investigations into incidents, and provide detailed, objective reports for each shift or incident
- Detect and resolve immediate safety issues; respond to the scene of an incident and act as an emergency first responder if required
- Maintain accurate notes and log information as required; ensure that all pass-on information is communicated to the next shift
- Other duties as assigned
- Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from high school or any other combination of training or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities
- Must possess required valid professional credentials (if required by state or local regulations)
- Valid certification in CPR/AED and first aid, or the ability to obtain certification
- Valid Driver’s License and satisfactory driving background/criminal history record
- Effective communication skills in English