Stanford Hotels Corporation is a mid-size, owner-operated company that specializes in the development and management of high quality, full service hotels using a variety of franchise brands. The corporate office is located in San Francisco; however, Stanford Hotels has 13 properties throughout the U.S. comprising three top global brands including Marriott, Starwood and Hilton.
Our goal is to be the "Best of the Brand." Since 1985, Stanford Hotels Corporation believes that high-quality properties, exceptional customer satisfaction, and engaged employees set Stanford Hotels apart from the rest.
Crew members may be required to work graveyard shifts. Work on weekdays, weekends, holidays and working overtime may also be required.
1. High school graduate. Some college preferred.
2. Trained in TIPS Alcohol Awareness preferred.
3. CPR and First Aid certifications preferred.
1. Must possess a valid California Driver’s License and a clean driving record.
2. Must have a clean criminal record. Background checks to be performed.
3. Must be 21 years of age.
1. Ability to read, comprehend and write simple instructions, correspondence and memos.
2. Ability to communicate verbally (including telephone contact) with Guests, management and co-workers.
1. Must have at least 1 year computer experience in Microsoft Word in Windows.
2. Must be able to type 25 wpm.
1. Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
2. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent.
1. Ability to understand Guests’ service needs.
2. Ability to be well organized, maintain concentration, prioritize and complete all work assigned.
3. Ability to focus attention to performance of tasks despite frequent, stressful or unusual interruptions.
4. Ability to converse calmly with irate Guests’, co-workers or supervisors in sometimes tense situations. Also have the ability to de-escalate situations.
5. Ability to perform job functions with minimal supervision.
6. Ability to work cohesively with co-workers and other departments as part of a team.
7. Ability to adhere to posted work schedule and arrive on time in a neat and alert condition and adhere to company dress standards.
8. Ability to plan, prioritize and organize work.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Provides basic customer service and courtesies to enhance the guests’ stay.
a. Smile and greet every guest (15/5 rule).
b. Thank the guest for their business when appropriate.
c. Practice proactive hospitality by anticipating their needs and being flexible in responding to them.
d. Be knowledgeable about the hotel.
e. Utilize the L.E.A.R.N. model to own & resolve complaints.
f. Report defects in the hotel including shortages of equipment & supplies.
g. Assists with maintaining cleanliness standards.
2. Provides services to guests such as delivering housekeeping items, responding to maintenance problems, etc. after those departments are closed.
3. Regularly patrols building, grounds and parking area of the Hotel.
4. Assists with guest problems and complaints.
5. Examines doors, windows, and corridors to determine that they are secure. Unlocks those doors necessary for the AM shift.
6. Warns violators of rule infractions, such as loitering, smoking, or carrying forbidden articles and apprehends or expels person engaging in suspicious or criminal acts. Occasionally required to make arrests.
7. Assists Lounge staff with controlling intoxicated guests.
8. Maintains daily report and incident/accident reports as needed.
9. Provides guest transportation as needed.
10. Watches for and reports irregularities such as fire hazards, leaking water pipes, and security doors left unlocked.
11. Sounds alarm or calls police or fire department by telephone in case of fire or presence of unauthorized persons. Permits authorized persons to enter property.
12. Records date such as property damage, unusual occurrences, and malfunctioning of machinery or equipment for use of supervisory staff.
13. Maintain a good relationship with the Sacramento Sheriff’s Department.
14. Keep and handle security keys with access to sensitive areas.
15. Performs other duties as developed, directed or assigned.
The frequency codes assigned in these job descriptions are:
Rarely less than 1%
STANDING/WALKING: Constantly on a variety of surfaces (carpet, tile, granite, etc.)
CROUCHING (BENDING AT KNEES): Occasionally. Lifting and completing tasks performed at low levels.
KNEELING/CRAWLING: Occasionally. Lifting and completing tasks performed at low levels.
STOOPING (BENDING AT WAIST): Occasionally. Lifting and completing tasks at different levels.
TWISTING/TURNING AT KNEES, WAIST & NECK: Occasionally.
CLIMBING: Occasionally climbs stairs.
LEG/FOOT USE: Occasionally.
REACHING (OVERHEAD/EXTENSION): Occasionally. Lifting and completing tasks at different levels.
LIFTING/CARRYING: Frequently lifting/moving up to 10 pounds. Occasionally lifting/moving up to 25 pounds.
SPEECH REQUIREMENTS: Constantly required to speak to others in person and on the telephone.
HEARING REQUIREMENTS: Constantly required to listen to others in person and on the telephone.
VISION: Constantly required to see up close and ability to adjust focus. Occasionally required to see distances. Color vision required.
Exposure to chemicals, noise, vibrations: Exposure to basic cleaning supplies; Occasional moderate to loud noise conditions such as music in our Lounge; occasional exposure to noise of kitchen.
Operation of equipment/tools/vehicles: Equipment to include computers and printers, 10 key calculator, telephone, fax, copier, etc.
Work is both indoors and outdoors, not always protected from weather, and not necessarily protected from inside temperature changes.
Hilton Woodland Hills provides equal employment and affirmative action opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.” If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please send an e-mail to Maribel.email@example.com or call 818 596-4579 to let us know the nature of your request.”
PreferredMulti-Tasking Expert Behaviors
Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
High School or better.
Some college or better.Experience
Licenses & Certifications
Driver's License (valid)