Great Wolf Lodge Southern California
Location: US - CA - Garden Grove
- Willingness to accept the most effective role.
- Responsible for enforcing established rules, complying with regulations, and maintaining a professional image at all times.
- Maintain awareness of resort activity.
- Maintain knowledge of state Security laws, Fire codes and Penal Codes
- Assists other departments as needed.
- Monitors and maintains cleanliness and working condition of departmental equipment, supplies and work areas.
- Responsible for organization the overall Loss Prevention Program
- Assist the coordination and leadership of the Safety Committee.
Management of Department
- Develops, implements, and monitors schedules for the department.
- Interfaces with the Human Resources department to communicate staffing needs and assist in the hiring process utilizing HR procedures.
- Responsible for recruiting, hiring, training, and maintaining Pack Members for the department.
- Anticipates turnover t maintain proper staffing levels.
- Provide positive feedback and correct areas where improvement is needed.
- Coordinates the documentation of coaching, incentivizing, counseling, and disciplining Pack Members.
- Plans and reviews compensation actions.
- Creates and maintains filing system for security related activate.
- Oversee Security Awareness training and assist with Safety training.
- Assist in organizing, reviewing, updating and maintaining OSHA, emergency preparedness, and fire & life safety plans.
- Assist HR in coordinating the safety and security training of all new hires.
Access & Security Measures
- Ensure all non-resort personnel are properly escorted while on property according to resort policy.
- Ensure that after hours access into secured resort areas are properly authorized, monitored and documented in accordance with resort standards.
- Ensure guestroom doors are secured and assist with authorized room access.
- Assist in moving/removing guest room possessions, inventory and security of such and key rooms following resort policy and procedures.
- Comply with guest requests for storing and safekeeping of their valuables and follow procedures.
Emergency Preparedness & Response
- Work with outside agencies (i.e...., police, fire, EMS) to develop an emergency response plan.
- Coordinate emergency situations as specified in departmental manual.
- Investigate duress alarms.
- Challenge suspicious persons on resort property in accordance with departmental procedures.
- Respond to the scene of guest/employee incidents promptly; assist Aquatics in accordance to guidelines and comply with all departmental procedures; communicate specified information to EMS/medical personnel as required.
- Report to, take charge of, and resolve guest or employee incidents to include but are not limited to: fighting, intoxicated guests, vehicle towing and accidents, theft, and other safety or security emergencies.
Investigation and Documentation of Activities
- Conduct investigations into theft or lost items, noise complaints, assault complaints, and other guest complaints. Complete documented reports in accordance with departmental procedures.
- Maintain confidentiality of all Security and resort reports/documents; release information only to authorized individuals.
- Prepare work orders for maintenance repairs and submit to Engineering.
- Legibly complete designated reports as specified in departmental guidelines.
- Organize and maintain the Loss Prevention profile.
- Review department log records and be familiar with pertinent information relevant to the daily shift. Review the resort status and follow up actions with the previous shift officer.
Manage assets and personal property:
- Issue radios, keys to designated hotel personnel. Maintain accurate records and ensure the safekeeping of such in accordance to resort procedures.
- Control and maintain the key inventory of the resort.
- Document, organize and store all lost and found items given to Security; document guest inquiries for lost items and coordinate return of lost items to guests in accordance with resort procedures.
Internal and External Guest Relations
- Promote positive relations with guests and employees alike. Responsible for providing care, sensitive consideration, and efficient service to guests.
- Communicate by radio with designated pack members in accordance with resort standards.
- Monitor and handle guest complaints by following the six step procedures and ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Handles and communicates daily with guests and pack members in a professional, courteous manner.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience
High School diploma or general education degree (GED)
Must be computer literate, familiar with Word and Excel programs
5 Years experience in a position of dealing with the general public.
Ability to obtain necessary licenses and certifications for the position to include but not be limited to: State security license, CPR and FIrst Aid certification, and Alcohol Awareness training.
No criminal background
Language, Mathematical, and Reasoning Skills
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percentage.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exits.
Position requires the ability to remain standing or walking throughout the property on patrol for extended periods of time.
Ability to work in a variety of environments including temperature extremes indoors and outdoors.
Position sometimes requires the ability to lift, push, and pull at least 30 lbs and up to 100 lbs.
Ability to climb multiple flights of stairs.