Major Duties and Responsibilities:
• Leads and manages In Room Dining, Roof Garden, and Mini Bar Departments.
• Establishes and maintains a seamless level of luxury service throughout the Roof Garden, Room Service and Mini-bar departments.
• Establishes and manages budget for Food & Beverage operations to maximize profitability, while maintaining luxury service levels.
• Functions as the point person for union issues.
• Evaluates and modifies current vendors and contracts as needed.
• Ensures that staffing levels are correct and to agreed standards and are not exceeded without prior consultation.
• Establishes Food & Beverage SOPs for a In Room Dining, Roof Garden, and Minibar Department.
• Works with corporate Sales and Marketing department to create effective promotional and sales driven ideas to maximize revenue and exposure.
• Works with The Surrey's Public Relations team to maximize exposure of the Roof Garden.
• Perform any other duties and special projects required by senior management.
Leadership Skill Requirements:
Consistently demonstrates our established Leadership Competencies:
Technical Skill Requirements:
Other Skill Requirements:
Experience and Qualifications:
• Strong, positive interpersonal skills
• Project management experience
• Ability to manage diverse work force
• Direct experience in hotel operation
• Minimum of 2 years of supervisor/management experience
• A least 2 years of union experience in a 4 star hotel proven track record of success.
• Knowledge of a second language
• CPR Certificate
• NYS Food Handling Certification
New York, NY
Denihan Hospitality Group
Position Available: Immediately
Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in the location of this job will not be considered.
Management Position: Yes
Entry Level: Yes
Hiring Contact: Kelly Amador
Contact Title: Recruitment Coordinator
Phone: (212) 465-3700