At BENCHMARK, a global hospitality company the definition of success is as individual as each of the over 10,000 employees worldwide who compose our award-winning teams. Each person brings unique skills, talents, experience, history, and culture to our company. Together, they form an extraordinary mosaic that supports BENCHMARK's very entrepreneurial culture. Each team member's desire for accomplishment is supported by our determination and passion to build successful and rewarding futures.
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, TRAINING, & WORK EXPERIENCE
- Must have at least 6 months of production background in any of the following: theater, sound, video, photography and or computers.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Ability to communicate effectively with meeting planners, trainers and corporate executives.
- Basic computer skills including knowledge of WordPerfect, Microsoft Word and Excel. Prefer knowledge of Lotus 1-2-3 and PowerPoint. Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Previous guest services experience.
- Ability to lift 40 lbs. on a regular basis.
- Must be able to work variable hours, including weekends and holidays.
- Familiarity with basic office equipment, including fax and copy machines.
- Set-up audio/visual equipment in meeting rooms according to clients needs. This requires lifting an average of 20-30 lbs. to a height of 36-50 inches with occasional lifting of up to 75 lbs. to a height of 6 feet.
- Set-up includes: Build scaffolding for projectors, erecting large projection screens and pipe and drape. Taping cords to floor and along walls requiring bending and kneeling. Climbing ladders to a height of 16 feet to hang banners and adjust lighting. Carrying of equipment up to 75 lbs. to and from meeting rooms.
- Operation of all audio/visual equipment. Requiring working knowledge of video and audio equipment, computers, projectors, cameras, telephones to include hook-up and trouble-shooting.
- Operation of equipment may require long periods of standing or kneeling in one place (operating cameras or spotlights).
- Climbing scaffold and ladders and ability to maintain balance while performing audio/visual duties.
- Maintaining equipment and inventory.
- Requires: Ability to read and count.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 75 lbs.
- Good manual dexterity needed for repair and cleaning of equipment (use of hand tools, soldering iron, etc.).
- Administrative duties include: Good telephone skills, ability to work directly with clients.
- Ability to read several weeks worth of contracts, tracking the use of equipment, analyzing the best use of equipment and ensuring an adequate inventory of needed equipment.
- Basic typing skills.
- Basic office skills.
- The flexibility to work a varied schedule due to business levels and industry demand (hotel is open 7 days a week).
- Build and maintain a good relationship with our clients. Work as a team with all other Hotel departments.
- Assist Conference Concierge with duties to include; answer telephones, light typing, counting change, operation of copiers and general assistance with guests’ conference needs.
- Requires good verbal communication skills, manual dexterity, ability to cheerfully handle several requests at one time.
- Assist Conference Services staff in set-up, tear down and refreshing of meeting rooms.
- Requires ability to lift 35 lb. arms chairs, lift and carry tables weighing up to 70 lbs, pushing and pulling heavy carts, ability to stoop, bend and kneel.
- Respond to any reasonable task assigned by Manager. Assist in keeping the Conference Center clean and orderly.