Sales Manager- Salary
About Stonebridge Companies
Our core values are what drive our Company. We strive to create a respectable, stable and enjoyable workplace, to conduct our business with integrity, to recognize and celebrate our innovative associates, to uphold quality standards, to strive for enriched service and to support the communities in our backyards. Our mission is to consistently refer to the four components of our Mission Statement for guidance during both good and turbulent times. Stonebridge Companies' vision is to be recognized as a highly respected industry leader in hotel development and a top operator of hotel assets.
Stonebridge Companies is interested in attracting and investing in talented, dedicated and highly motivated associates who want to join a progressive organization that believes their associates are their greatest asset. We believe that what lies at the heart of a great company is a place where associates are respected. We believe that when a culture of respect is paramount, associates will in turn treat our guests to the highest level of respect they can deliver. Our current and future success is based on our ability to predict associates needs, recognize their talent, cultivate and nurture those skills. What inspires our associates to want to come to work every day is the opportunity to learn and partner with inspired leaders who are active listeners that care about them.
* Are you looking for an exciting, rewarding and progressive career in hospitality?
* Are you outgoing, adventuresome and consider yourself a people person?
* Do you enjoy making people smile and going out of your way to make them happy?
* Would you like to be a part of a successful team, motivating each other to reach far beyond our goals to grow into industry leaders?
* Are you nodding your head and thinking YES, THIS IS ME?
Then submit your application to be considered for this fantastic opportunity!
Our beautiful 240 room property is located in the stylish shopping and business district of Denver's Cherry Creek. Courtyard Cherry Creek is part of the Marriott portfolio and is managed by Stonebridge Companies. We are conveniently located near the Cherry Creek shopping district, the Denver Zoo, and the University of Denver. For business and social needs, we offer 6,500 sq ft of event space which feature incredible views of downtown Denver and the Rocky Mountains. This property perfectly suits both business and leisure travelers alike. For dining options, we have the classic Courtyard Bistro and a Starbucks coffee.
If you are eager to explore this unique part of Denver, have a passion for hospitality and service, then you have found the right place. At the Courtyard you can help others as they discover Denver.
Our benefits include...
• Opportunities for career growth
• Discounted RTD EcoPass
• 20% Discount on dining at Marriott Properties
• 50% Discount on dining at our managed properties
• Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance (Eligibility: 30 days after hire)
• 401k retirement plan offered after 6 months, eligible for company match at 1 year
• Complimentary Life Insurance for all associates
• Anniversary Pay
• Holiday Pay
and much more!
The SALES MANAGER will generate group business in designated market segment and maximize revenue profitability using proactive sales activities in accordance with established hotel brand standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Prospect for new business through solicitation, networking, cold-calling.
* Improve hotel visibility by conducting outside sales calls/blitzes, attending trade shows and market segment related events
* Design and deliver marketing promotions and campaigns involving direct mail, social media, ads, etc.
* Meet or exceed established monthly, quarterly and annual targeted sales goals and profit margins
* Maintain an active list of accounts to ensure continuous relationship development
* Develop and execute monthly focused and aggressive action plans
* Communicate with internal business partners on upcoming group needs, VIP clients, meeting functions.
* Maintain and secure repeat business through client satisfaction and loyalty.
* Maintain knowledge of industry and trends in market, particularly amongst competitor set.
* Maintains regular attendance and is consistently on time.
* Maintains high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include compliance with the dress code.
* Performs any other duties as requested by supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the position.
DESIRED COMPETENCIES, WORK SKILLS, AND KNOWLEDGE
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies. Other competencies not listed may be required for specific positions. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
Associate demonstrates ORGANIZATIONAL SUPPORT
* Associate follows corporate and hotel brand standards.
* Willing to take an unpopular stand if necessary when complying with policies.
* Observes and adheres to safety and security procedures, promoting a safe work environment.
Associate demonstrates INITIATIVE
* Seeks out new assignments and assumes additional duties when necessary.
* Identifies areas that would improve the operation and generates suggestions.
* Able to reach effective solutions, poses good questions, consults helpful resources, and does not stop at the first answer he/she comes across.
Associate demonstrates exemplary DEPENDABILITY / RELIABILITY
* Can be relied upon regarding task completion and follow up.
* Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent.
Associate demonstrates ACCOUNTABILITY for their job performance
* Takes ownership of all work performed and communicated.
* Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
* Performs work with little or no supervision; works independently.
Associate demonstrates acceptable PRODUCTIVITY standards
* Organizes resources, performs tasks, and coordinates with other functions to most effectively and efficiently perform work responsibilities and accomplish objectives on a timely basis.
* Manages assignments and responsibilities without becoming overwhelmed.
* Strives to increase productivity.
Associate demonstrates effective PROBLEM SOLVING
* Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, using intuition and experience to complement data.
* Develops alternative solutions.
* Works well in group problem solving situations.
* Gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
Associate demonstrates WORKPLACE RESPECT to all associates
* Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy and promotes a harassment-free environment.
* Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences.
Associate demonstrates effective ORAL /WRITTEN COMMUNICATION
* Practices attentive and active listening with all employees.
* Actively participates in meetings, contributing ideas to improve the company.
Associate demonstrates excellent CUSTOMER SERVICE SKILLS
* Solicits customer feedback to improve service.
* Personally demonstrates a commitment to customer service by anticipating and responding promptly to guest needs.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
Minimum of 4 years of progressively responsible management experience in Group Sales within a 200+ room full-service hotel; OR 4 year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major and 5 years of experience in Sales within a 200+ room full-service hotel or related professional area.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to dr