A Premier Hotel Management & Investment Company with Strategic Vision and Strong Core Values
Since 1987, Pacific Hospitality Group has maintained a strategic vision and strong core values as guiding principles for business success. With luxury hotel properties from Napa Valley to Southern California, PHG's growing portfolio of hotel and resort investments reinforces the company's cohesive vision and ensuing success.
PHG manages, develops, finances, and owns hotels and resorts located in California, Hawaii, Arizona and Louisiana. We currently own and manage 11 hotels and resorts, representing over 2,676 rooms and 203,650 square feet of premier indoor meeting and event space.
Are you a fast thinking individual that seeks challenges with enthusiasm and a strong sense of urgency and enjoys a competitive sales arena and the hospitality field? Do you enjoy building relationships and continued people interaction where your flexibility and ability to "think outside of the box" is recognized and appreciated? Are you persuasive by nature, but assertive and adept in securing new clients and insuring you are able to "close the deal"?
If the answer is YES, AC Hotel Irvine, a brand new hotel targeted to open in April 2017 has an opportunity for you!
The Sales Manager reports to the Director of Sales and is primarily responsible for ensuring that revenue goals are achieved or exceeded by proactively prospecting, facilitating and closing small group business opportunities, day meetings, and event/meeting execution.
- Identify new business that fits sales parameters by using a wide variety of means/tools
- Prospect for new business through individual creativity and innovation
- Solicit local transient accounts
- Negotiate group business that meets or exceeds hotel revenue goals
- Negotiate contracts, ensuring that all pertinent aspects of solicitation and closing are complete and documented
- Outreach via phone to targeted markets
- Maintain accurate information in sales management tool on all new and ongoing leads and accounts, including solicitation efforts and all activities up to date
- Follow proper event management procedures for event execution to include, but not limited to, BEO creation, F & B forecasting, resume communication, amenity/VIP designation and room block management
- Produce accurate contracts, banquet/catering event orders and resumes within timeframe set by resort responding to all leads and RFPs within 24 hours
- Maintain accurate and timely internal hotel communication
- Conduct site inspections, local sales calls and attend appropriate trade shows and client events
- Create a dynamic and positive relationship with customer from sales phase through on site execution of event
- Minimum 1 year experience as an Executive Meeting Manager or Group Sales Manager
- Experience at a similar size and quality hotel
- Must be willing to work some weekends/holidays according to business demands
- Track record of developing long term relationships
- Knowledge of general sales techniques or evidence of formal training
- Basic understanding of event management policies and execution
Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- Experience in internet research and database mining
- Ability to be assertive and persuasive without being aggressive
- Excellent communicator with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to quickly evaluate alternatives and decide on a plan of action
- Organizational skills including follow-up, time management, ability to multi-task and manage multiple priorities in a fast paced environment
- Skills for problem-solving, analysis, effective decision-making, negotiation and interpretation of contracts
- Strong interpersonal communication and networking skills
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and group situations to customers, client, and other employees of the organization
- Knowledge of hotel features, benefits, and competing hotels/resorts within the market
- Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Previous working knowledge of Delphi preferred
- Experience with Marriott brand is a plus!
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, sit, use hands to reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel, or crouch. Ability to work in an environment of varying temperatures up to 117 degrees and able to work with and around commercial laundry and dry cleaning equipment and supplies, including necessary chemical agents used in the cleaning, dry cleaning and laundering process. Must be able to lift/move and exert up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus. Finger dexterity is required to operate a computer keyboard, calculator and other office/IT equipment.
For more information about this hotel and Pacific Hospitality Group (PHG), click on Hotel Portfolio tab and About PHG.
AC Hotel Irvine is an equal opportunity and E-Verify employer M/F/V/D
Benefits : Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and more
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to race, sex, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.