The Wyndham Pittsburgh University Center is located on the University of Pittsburgh campus, in the heart of Oakland. It is several blocks from Carnegie Mellon University as well as several UPMC hospitals. This 251 room hotel offers a full-service restaurant and lounge, 7,333-sq foot of meeting space, and an indoor heated pool. Nearby attractions include Heinz Field, Consol Energy Center, PNC Park, Kennywood Park, Sandcastle Waterpark, the Carnegie Museum of Art and Natural History, and Point State Park. Our employees enjoy free parking, a free meal when working, and discounted hotel rooms throughout the company. We are less than a block away from public transportation.
The Sales Manager Level II is responsible for effectively soliciting and becoming familiar with all accounts in his/her market segments. He/she is also responsible for prospecting and closing on assigned accounts/territory to positively impact hotel revenues.
DUTIES & FUNCTIONS:
• Attend daily Wyndham Business Review (WBR) meeting.
• Develop a full working knowledge of the operations of the hotel, including Food and Beverage, Guest Services and Reservations.
• Develop a complete knowledge of company sales policies and SOP’s, and ensure knowledge of and adherence to those policies by the sales team.
• Meet or exceed set goals.
• Operate the Sales Department within established sales expense budget.
• Participate in required M.O.D. and Saturday office coverage as scheduled.
• Initiate and follow up on leads.
• Maintain and participate in an active sales solicitation program.
• Monitor production of all top accounts and evaluate trends within your market.
• Regularly contact existing accounts based on the tracing frequencies of the Account Coverage Program.
• Meet or exceed sales solicitation call goals as assigned by the Director of Sales.
• Invite clients to the hotel for entertainment, lunches, tours and site inspections.
• Assist in implementing special promotions relating to direct sales segments, i.e.WynClub parties, sales blitzes, etc.
• Assist in the preparation of required reports in a timely manner.
• Be familiar with all Wyndham sales policies and selling techniques with an emphasis on maximizing occupancy and Average Daily Rate (ADR).
• Conduct a professional, thorough site inspection of the hotel with clients, exhibiting key features and benefits of the property.
• Use your property’s computerized sales management system to manage the hotel’s business, including (but not limited to) generating reports, entering business, blocking space and building accounts.
• Meet and greet onsite contacts.
• Abide by Prime Selling Time (PST).
• Develop networking opportunities through active participation in community and professional associations, activities and events.
• Review meeting planner evaluations with the Director of Sales to ensure that issues receive follow-up.
• Entertain clients.
• Handle inquiries as part of Inquiry Day Program.