Pyramid Hotel Group is committed to being the best and most desirable employer in the industry.
To achieve this goal, we recognize the importance of providing respect, support and rewards to all of our people. We seek motivated and enthusiastic team players to join Pyramid Hotel Group who believe in these same values.
Pyramid is comprised of a diverse group of individuals. Some of our people have worked together for many years; others have recently joined our team, bringing new insights and perspectives. Together we strive for excellence in every endeavor.
What makes working at Pyramid Hotel Group different?
- We pride ourselves on being agile, flexible and responsive. We provide all the internal resources of a large hotel chain without the burdens of bureaucracy.
- We provide outstanding leadership. Our principals, officers and managers are experienced team players. They are always accessible to our associates and provide exceptional support and development.
- We focus on Respect, Recognition and Rewards. We hold our associates accountable for their goals. In return we treat our people with respect, recognize excellence in job performance and reward achievement in meaningful ways.
Sales Manager - Group Sales
Graduate Lincoln Hotel
Welcome to Graduate Lincoln—where your intellectual curiosity meets your favorite place to Work!
Team central for Husker happenings, Graduate Lincoln is just a dash to campus and amid all the historic Haymarket District fun. Here, students, faculty and alum can enjoy a cool and comfortable respite from the everyday. With 231 guest rooms and suites and over 15,000 square feet of meeting space, the Graduate Lincoln is elegant enough to host Lincoln’s most beautiful weddings, and a smart choice for corporate meetings, educational events and down home fun.
The lobby is decked in vibrant greens and warm rich wood—a nod to Nebraska’s vast parklands and grand landscape with forest green hand glazed tile, cozy emerald sofas, rustic herringbone floors and exposed brick walls. Playful moments include corn print curtains in our rooms and front desk drapery that pays homage to the state’s great late night son, Johnny Carson. Gather your group for vintage pinball and arcade games, or convene at a communal table—the perfect hub for conversation, camaraderie and a cup of joe.
So whether you’re hitting UNL for a meeting or meet up, cheering on the scarlet and cream, or taking in a concert at Pinewood Bowl, consider us your home away from home. Our warm, friendly and whip smart staff can guide you in and around town, or tuck you in for a great night or few. Find out today what a career with Pyramid Hotel Group at the Graduate Lincoln can mean for you!
Graduate Lincoln is currently seeking a Group Sales Manager responsible for generating top line revenue for the hotel through direct sales efforts within the University and Sports markets.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Actively prospect and qualify accounts through outside cold calls, face-to-face appointments, site visits and meetings.
- Maintain and manage existing relationships while uncovering new clients through ongoing prospecting and solicitation.
- Meet, greet, and entertain potential clients.
- Negotiate contracts with clients to achieve maximum revenue.
- Generate contracts and proposals to secure group business in the University and Sport Markets.
- Represent the hotel in trade shows, maintaining high visibility and positive relations within relative business organizations.
- See sales process through its’ entirety from obtaining group rooming lists, special requests, f&b minimums, group pick up and event follow-up.
- Must meet or exceed monthly sales and activity goals.
- Work closely with the Director of Sales to understand hotel budgets, individual goals and special projects.
The successful candidate must be an outgoing self-starter and able to effectively communicate with customers in a friendly and positive manner in order to solicit business and meet client needs. This position may require occasional travel and a few weekends. This person must be a team player who loves to apply creativity to the sales process. The ability to listen, speak and write in English to ascertain information and respond to clients is a must. Independent, high energy, entrepreneurial Sales professionals will excel. Knowledge of the University of Nebraska and collegiate sports is a plus.
We offer a highly competitive compensation package including insurance, 401k and bonus/incentive programs
Pyramid Hotel Group. is an equal employment opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
PLEASE COPY AND PASTE THIS LINK IN YOUR BROWSER TO APPLY FOR THIS OPENING ONLINE: