A career with Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group opens up a wealth of exciting opportunities for you, both now and for your future development. Our vision is to be widely recognised as the best luxury hotel group in the world. The Group is renowned for creating a culture that provides a motivating and rewarding environment in which to thrive.
Scope of Position
To responsible for business generation as it relates to prospecting and securing transient & group businesses on behalf of Mandarin Oriental Bodrum in accordance with the goals and strategies outlined in the annual Marketing Plan and in concert with RSO effort.
- To manages activities related to the sales functions with a focus on building long-term, value-based customer relationships that enable achievement of property sales objectives.
- Sales Manager is accountable for ensuring quotas and goals are met and to ensure that direct sales activities are focused on generating the highest possible RevPar for the overall hotel's success.
- Together with Director of Sales, agree and implement rate strategy & actions for the assigned geographical territories
- Responsible for the development of business from (but not exclusively) the following channels : Incentive Agents, Ground Handlers, Conference & Banqueting Agencies, Meeting Planners, Associations, Wholesalers/ITW, Consortia, Direct Corporate Bookers.
- To effectively manage the key accounts of the relevant markets through planned sales activity, maximising account potential in terms of rate or room-nights in accordance with overall sales strategies.
- To focus on the growth and continued production of existing accounts both domestic and international and to develop new accounts that are suitable for the pricing strategy of the property.
- Selling and planning of Groups and Events business in assigned territories and effectively converting enquiries into sales.
- Implement long term marketing and communication strategies as directed by the Director of Sales. Design, develop and execute all promotional products, and special packages to secure leisure business.
- Coordinate partnership and sponsorship opportunities that will benefit the hotel and that support its brand initiatives.
- Constantly monitor the market and the competition and report on threats and opportunities.
- Send mailers and email blasts to clients as need arises for promotion of hotel events and/or need periods
- Spearhead review and update of PT websites to ensure maximum exposure, capitalizing on marketing promotions and packages to drive transient revenue.
- Manage and maintain the resort's on-line presence in all channels, including but not limited to travel sales channels- Preferred Partner, third party promotional sites, travel blogs etc.
- To provide accurate and timely reporting on segment, account production and propose actions/strategies.
- To monitor sales activities of market competitors and report at sales meetings.
- Increase lead conversion and impact customer/guest satisfaction by being able to provide solutions to their needs.
- Collaboration and communication with Regional Sales Offices in assigned territories, to maximize sales opportunities.
- To develop and maintain an accurate database of all relevant producing accounts.
- Data integrity for effective and thorough record-keeping, trend analysis and business intelligence.
- To ensure that all accounts & sales activities are recorded in Delphi.
- Expand customer reach and gain exposure and credibility within marketplace.
- Development of annual plans and participation in budget/marketing plan process ensures buy-in and accountability of deliverables.
- To plan and execute overseas sales trips within assigned territories and market segments.
- To actively plan sales calls and trips to promote the hotel and seek business opportunities
- To participate in tradeshows and workshops as required.
- To host site inspections and familiarisation trips as needed.
- To attend weekly departmental sales meeting.
- Mentoring Assistant Sales Managers
- Increase lead revenue opportunities to other MOHG properties through business development and solicitation.
- To perform any other reasonable duty as directed by your manager.