Stowe Mountain Lodge, located in the heart of the storybook town of Stowe, Vermont, is New England's preeminent ski-in/ski-out mountain lodge. Boasting 312 luxuriously appointed accommodations, world-class spa, award-winning dining, 18-hole Bob Cupp designed golf course, 24-hour heated pool and a wide array of year-round activities, Stowe Mountain Lodge is a destination truly unlike anything else in the east. Despite the carefully crafted rustic Vermont-Alpine architecture, stunning, panoramic mountain views and the tranquility of the area, Stowe Mountain Lodge believes success is achieved by the team behind the property. At Stowe Mountain Lodge, we promote a strong work ethic, cooperation and a team-building mentality, positive spirit, new ideas and growth and reward those who consistently go above and beyond in their work. We empower our employees, at every level, so each individual can truly make a difference at Stowe Mountain Lodge. Undoubtedly, we recognize it is people that support Stowe Mountain Lodge that make it the most exceptional, unsurpassed, luxury ski resort in the Northeast.
Job OverviewYou will be an integral member of the team that actively solicits and handles inquiries of groups that exceed 10 guestrooms per night. You will participate in the continuing effort to deliver distinctively different guest experiences and nurture lasting relationships with our customers with a focus on building long-term, value-based customer relationships that enable achievement of optimum sales objectives.Essential Functions
- With an innovative mind set, identify and enthusiastically create new contacts and develop sales leads through phone solicitation/prospecting, sales calls, trade shows, etc.
- Respond to sales inquiries and contact potential clients to build and nurture lasting business relationships.
- Understand the overall market - competitors' strengths and weaknesses, economic trends, supply and demand etc. and strategically sell against our competition.
- Take initiative to go beyond the ordinary to differentiate us from the competition and create loyalty.
- Understand fully the hotel amenities, venues and options and provide recommendations to create authentic and distinctively different experiences for our group guests.
- Anticipate our guests’ needs and respond promptly.
- Create, execute and support the operational aspects of business booked (e.g., generating proposal, writing contract, customer correspondence).
- Produce quotes and written confirmation to all clients
- Maintain timely and accurate recording of activity to include appointments, calls made and business leads
3+ years of hotel group sales and or conference sales experience.
Luxury 4 and 5 Star property sales experience preferred.
College degree required.
Degree in Marketing, Sales or related Business field preferred.
Proven Hotel Sales record in the luxury sector.
Some travel may be required.