Job Purpose: Secure new volume accounts; grow positive relationships with assigned existing accounts; assure positive recognition within the local community for the hotel.
- Manage the sales efforts for the hotel to include, but not limited to, SMERF, Government and Group sales goal.
-Work collaboratively with both the VP of Sales and the Regional Director Sales as well as off-property sales channels to ensure sales efforts are coordinated, complementary and not duplicative.
- Assist with the development and execution of strategic Sales and Marketing plans and initiatives that maximize profitability for the hotel to achieve budget, revenue and market share targets.
- Respond to incoming room opportunities for the hotel. Identify, qualify and solicit new business to achieve personal and hotel revenue goals.
- Responsible for managing and delivery the day to day marketing activity for the hotel in line with the agreed marketing strategy, to support the delivery revenue targets
- Responsible for booking and executing meeting functions including negotiating with vendors, preparing proposals and contracts.
- Understand the overall market - competitors' strengths and weaknesses, economic trends, supply and demand etc. and know how to sell against them.
- Experience selling to a variety of market segments for hotel sales.
- Thorough knowledge of sales techniques.
- Aggressively pursue new accounts on a weekly basis.
- Track record developing long term business relationships.
- Maintain consistent verbal and written communication with clients.
- Consistently meet or exceed sales goals.
- Background in sales.
- Experience in Hotel Sales.
- Sell hotel meeting space, maximize meeting space revenues and provide meeting planning skills to groups/SMERF accounts as needed.
Minimum 2 years hotel sales experience or the equivalent amount of industry experience; OR, equivalent combination of education and work experience.