Walnut Creek Marriott
If you have true entrepreneurial spirit, and have the attitude suited for the Hotel-Hospitality business, Windsor Capital Group can offer you exciting opportunities for your career into the future. WCG, is a dynamic and disciplined hotel company with a passion for excellence. We offer personal development programs for training and opportunities to grow and succeed.
Windsor Capital Group, Inc., is a privately held ownership and management company with a current portfolio of 10 hotels in 4 states across the United States including superior hotel brands such as:
WCG is comprised of industry hospitality leaders who are committed to excellence, lead by example, and aspire to inspire others who want to succeed and grow in this exciting business. If you are someone who wants an exciting career, and can learn, teach and grow in the hospitality industry, we want you to be a part of our dynamic team!
Purpose for the Position:
To manage the sales effort of the hotel, including developing new accounts, maintaining existing accounts, supervision of sales related personnel, implementation of sales and marketing strategies so as to maximize profits of the hotel while maintaining customer satisfaction.
1. Meets with and maintains rapport with individuals and contacts in order to produce groups and/or convention business, to include Room Sales, F & B Sales and Catering/Banquet.
2. Schedules conventions and business group activities at the hotel.
3. Maintains liaison with other hotel – level departments to facilitate services agreed upon by the sales office and prospective clients
4. Maintains good rapport with area Chamber of Commerce, and other local civic groups and companies.
5. Ensures sales activities meet or surpass profit plan.
6. Develops and maintains client files.
7. Develops and implements sales and marketing strategies.
8. All other duties as assigned by a manager or supervisor.
Skills and Abilities:
Originate and carry out sales campaigns.
Create new ways of presenting information that will attract peoples’ attention.
Speak and write clearly and convincingly.
Frequently change from one activity to another, for example, writing a speech, giving a speech, and writing a report of campaign progress.
Understand how different kinds of people react to words, pictures and color.
Work with all kinds of people Plan and organize the work of others.
Specific Vocational Preparation:
Specific Vocational Preparation includes an occupationally significant combination of: vocational education, apprentice training, on-the-job training, or essential experience in less responsible jobs, which lead to the higher job, or serving in other jobs. Over 4 years up to and including 10 years. To do this job, you must have the following licenses or certifications before being hired: None To do this job, you must have the following amount of total education and/or experience: (If hiring someone into this position, this would be the minimum amount of experience and education that would be required in order for the incumbent to have a reasonable expectation for success.) B.A. or equivalent degree and hotel experience preferred, or an equivalent level of education and experience.