Stanford's Corporate Culture
Stanford Hotels Corporation is a mid-size, owner-operated company that specializes in the development and management of high quality, full service hotels using a variety of franchise brands. The corporate office is located in San Francisco; however, Stanford Hotels has 13 properties throughout the U.S. comprising three top global brands including Marriott, Starwood and Hilton.
Our goal is to be the "Best of the Brand." Since 1985, Stanford Hotels Corporation believes that high-quality properties, exceptional customer satisfaction, and engaged employees set Stanford Hotels apart from the rest.
- SALES AND MARKETING
- Meet or exceed pre-determined booking goals for guest room revenue; meet or exceed budgeted costs and revenue on a monthly average with the liberty to negotiate as needed on individual functions within established guidelines yet maintaining the overall revenue goals.
- Responsible for prompt handling (within the business day) of inquiry calls and monitoring the efficient flow of paperwork relative to confirming function details to the client.
- Compiles lists of prospective clients for use as sales leads based on information from newspapers, business directories and other sources.
- Solicit new and repeat guest room and meeting business. Maintain client base of key accounts and conventions. Determine the guest’s needs, space availability, and meeting details.
- Make outside sales calls and telemarket to obtain business. Also utilize site inspections and on-site luncheons to book business.
- Maintain active liaison with competitors regionally through personal contacts, professional and industry associations. Monitor pricing, service levels, facilities and function activities at competitive facilities to ensure the Hotel remains in a competitive position.
- Evaluate a potential piece of business for profitability and overall benefit to the Hotel.
- Have acquired knowledge with the ability to upsell clients, while promoting a level of service parallel to the luxury stature of the facility.
- Complete coordination of the Sales group functions; accurate and timely preparation of detailed Sales Contracts and Group Resumes as necessary to ensure a common quality understanding of what the client is to receive in terms of products and services. Review function contracts prior to distribution to client and hotel staff.
- Follows up on the progress of groups booked, such as room night pick up, rooming lists, cut off dates, etc. with the Group Housing Coordinator to ensure maximum occupancy.
- Generate “thank you” notes to clients after functions with prompt follow up of negative client feedback as necessary.
- Follow up on bookings and solicit repeat business.
- Represent hotel in community affairs and industry related events.
- Participates in the marketing plans, promotions and services.
- Prepare weekly activity report to include all financial booking performance and personal call reports for active solicitation performed. Also prepares weekly expense reports.
- Understand and adhere to budgeted wage and hour limitations for associates.
- Attends department meetings and as needed, attends interdepartmental meetings.
- Be familiar with the operating procedures of all other areas of the hotel, cooperating fully and in a friendly manner with those areas to assure customer satisfaction.
- Route associate commendations received from guests to the person responsible for assembling the daily packet.
- Notify management of any pertinent information related to shift activities.
- Determine the requirements for and the follow up on special groups, VIPs, etc.
- Follow supervisor’s instructions and completes other duties as directed or assigned.
- Other Sales projects and duties are assigned by DOSM
"Hilton Woodland Hills provides equal employment and affirmative action opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.” If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 818 596-4579 to let us know the nature of your request.
Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Licenses & Certifications