Fairfield Inn & Suites North Myrtle Beach
Location: US - SC - Myrtle Beach
Myrtle Beach, SC, US 29572-4038
Meyer Jabara Hotels in seeking an energetic, career-minded sales and marketing manager to lead the revenue generation efforts at the Fairfield Inn Myrtle Beach North. This dynamic individual must love to sell and will be directly responsible for maintaining existing customer relationships while also securing new business with a focus on Corporate and Leisure Groups and Business Transient accounts. The Sales Manager will also be highly visible and active in the Myrtle Beach local market while maximizing profitability and championing superior service levels throughout the hotel.
The Sales Manager is responsible for increasing hotel revenue under the direction of the General Manager.
- Grow market share through external and internal sales efforts with the purpose of securing Group and BTS business for the hotel in order to ensure that predetermined revenue expectations are met or exceeded.
- Research demand generators and secure new business. Utilize Hotelligence, Reader Boards and STR reports to identify and secure opportunity accounts as well as to monitor the conditions of the market.
- Effectively balance all of the core direct sales disciplines: prospecting, solicitation, rate quoting, contracting, outside sales calls, site inspections, client entertainment, outside presentations, marketing to in-house guests, networking,
- Represent the Hotel by attending industry events, trade shows and local community events
- Develop and follow Strategic Plans and Actions that support the goal of growing existing accounts, moving market share from the competition, and identifying and securing new accounts.
- Assist the General Manager with Budget preparation.
- Respond promptly to guest requests in a friendly manner. Follow up to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Maintain a professional image at all times through appearance and dress.
- Communicate effectively with operational departments.
- Win customer loyalty through lobby and concierge lounge presence.
- Host the weekly Manager Reception.
- Manage extended stay guests, project teams, VIP’s, amenities, and reward program point distribution.
- Prepare a month end recap report for the revenue team.
- Accurately process reservations, changes, and cancellations via correspondence of group rooming lists, cards, housing forms, or by any other media so selected by group client, and approved by the hotel.
- Load group blocks in PMS including booking suites following the established booking procedures.
- Accurately process VIP and staff reservations, including complimentary rooms.
- Review group resumes and rooming lists to ensure accuracy and fulfill any special requests.
A 2 year College Degree. A minimum of three years work experience in sales in preferred. Will consider individuals with proven track record in a sales manager capacity.
· Strong Interpersonal and organizational skills
· Exceptional communication skills (verbal and written)
· Solicitation, negotiation and closing winner
· Attention to detail
· Flexibility with hours
· Report generation and comprehension
· CI/TY, Excel, Hotelligence, Word
· Problem solver and decision maker
· Local travel for outside sales calls
· Some overnight travel
· Multi-tasker with a positive, delighted to please personality
· Proactive planner who executes and delivers results
· Embraces change in day to day tasks to create success
· Supports teamwork to achieve better results more efficiently
· Contributes and maintains an environment to go above and beyond to satisfy all guests
· Makes decisions on what is best for all stakeholders, our owners, guests and associates
· Ability to create distinctive, memorable experiences for your guests
· Comfortable with making empowered decisions
· Applies a leadership mentality and takes charge when necessary
· Reports to: General Manager