Founded in 1985, First Hospitality Group, Inc. is a nationally recognized hotel management company providing management, acquisition, development and receivership services to a variety of hotels. Our portfolio includes more than 55 properties and 16 major hotel brands including Hilton, Marriott, IHG, Hyatt and Carlson. Headquartered in the Chicago area, we concentrate our business prospects in key markets in the Midwest — spanning our business in major cities across 10 states.
Our Company is dedicated to putting people first. FHG's strong and engaging culture creates a high-level experience for associates and guests alike. We look for service super stars to join our team and support our commitment to excellence.
We provide a broad based, experienced supervisory staff focused on achieving all of our goals: exceptional financial returns, well-trained and motivated associates, and superior levels of guest satisfaction.
Our outstanding track record has been achieved through an uncompromising and consistent dedication to these goals. With over half of our managed properties owned by our company and its principals, we approach our day-to-day activities with this entrepreneurial ownership perspective. The results speak for themselves.
We seek a positive, talented, aggressive, energetic, creative and highly self-motivated Sales Manager to join our team. This position will solicit, negotiate and book new and repeat business in the business current markets through various efforts. We offer a very lucrative incentive plan and opportunity for advancement.
The Sales Manager will report to the Director of Sales and will work closely with the hotel’s Assistant Director of Sales.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Analyzing competition, market trends and customer needs.
* Soliciting and servicing major accounts within the business current markets.
* Managing sales-related activities and marketing efforts for the property
* Maximizing and enhancing room revenues to meet and exceed the hotel's revenue and GOP objectives.
* Other responsibilities include building solid business relationships with local companies, creating innovative means for attracting and retaining groups while maximizing profitability and generating revenue
* Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
* Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
* Ability to prepare and analyze data figures and transcriptions prepared on and generated by computer.
* Strong administrative skills including business writing.
* Must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.)
* Previous Hotel Sales experience (preferably with a national brand, with a proven track record for success in sales and revenue generation)
* Exceptional service skills, with strong ability to foster effective relationships with all levels of staff, management and clientele
* Outstanding leadership skills and the ability to create a motivating work environment
* Excellent organization skill and ability to multi-task and successfully manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
* Must be able to lift up to 10 pounds occasionally.
* Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
* High school or equivalent education required. Bachelor’s Degree preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience.
First Hospitality Group seeks to attract and retain a high performing and diverse workforce in which employees’ differences are respected and valued to better meet the varying needs of the diverse customers we serve. FHG fosters a diverse and inclusive work environment that promotes collaboration, flexibility and fairness.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER