Location: US - MN - Minneapolis
Minneapolis, MN, US 55403
We look for people who strive to excel and are committed to delivering exceptional experiences for our guests!
The Millennium Hotel Minneapolis is a beautiful hotel located downtown Minneapolis on Nicollet Mall, connected to the Minneapolis Convention Center. We are offering an exciting opportunity to join our team and strengthen your career with experiencing the downtown convention market, while selling a beautiful product! .
Millennium Hotel Minneapolis offers a competitive salary, bonus plan and benefits package as well as opportunities to learn new skills and grow your career.
We are looking for a Sales Manager with the focus on large corporate conventions and Eastern Region Associations. This position is responsible for developing and maintaining ongoing relationships with customers, colleagues and CVB partners. Maintaining visibility with being active in the local community promoting the hotel. Using the appropriate sales skills to maximize revenue efforts in a professional manner and continually target and prospect new business through individual creativity.
The Sales Manager will serve as the professional hotel representative to prospective clients and customers who need room accommodations, meeting space and food and beverage service. The Sales Manager will handle solicitation of leads, negotiate and book sleeping rooms meeting space, provide support to the Convention Service Manager in managing the room blocks and client expectations to meet/exceed sales goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Ensure full maximization of revenue potential through guest rooms, meeting space, and banquet functions.
- Achieving monthly solicitation call goals to include outside calls, prospecting, site inspections and networking opportunities.
- Attend local and national trade shows as a representative of Millennium Minneapolis.
- Be an engaged member of the sales team. Contribute to sales strategies, and goals in a positive and motivating manner.
- Support the relationship strategy, driving customer loyalty by delivering service excellence throughout each customer experience.
- Travels outside of the hotel making sales calls to both existing accounts and prospecting of new business. Will work to saturate existing accounts for new clients to gain additional business for the hotel. Some overnight and "after hours" travel and entertaining to be expected.
- Regularly communicates in a professional manner with internal and external guests required including but not limited to proposals, emails, voicemails and memos.
- Documentation of Sales Activities required in Delphi Management System.
- Participates in the Manager on Duty (MOD) program adhering to the schedule as and when required.
The ideal candidate will have 3-5 years’ experience in hotel group sales, preferably in a full service, and the ability to interact with all levels of guests and associates. Knowledge of Delphi Management System preferred but not mandatory
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
· Possess knowledge of hospitality, business and hotel practices
· Effective listening, verbal, written, negotiation and closing skills
· Organizational skills that result in accurate, timely and thorough work.
· Highly professional, has strong selling skills and healthy work habits. Ability to remain positive and improvise while working in a fast-paced environment, sometimes under pressure.