Reporting to the General Manager, the Sales Manager at Executive Suites Hotel & Resort Squamish will be accountable for managing the hotel sales and overall revenue generating efforts; the planning and implementation of sales activities to accomplish organizational goals.
The Sales Manager duties will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Champion the sales culture within the hotels among associates and managers.
- Develop sales activities, measures progress, and adjusts plans to retain existing business and drive new business.
- Implement and maintain a strategic sales & marketing plan and activity calendar to generate top line revenues to meet or exceed annual budget expectations.
- Responsible for the growth and development of controllable market segments and production of revenue in assigned markets to generate leads
- Conduct account and market research and use to develop strategies to grow market share in specific segments.
- Accounts will be prospected, developed and maintained by consistent, proactive & targeted sales initiatives.
- Conduct outside sales calls, telephone solicitation and site inspections to build relationships and aggressively target the business according to the company’s goals.
- Work closely with revenue management teams to maintain a balance between occupancy, mix, and rate to achieve budgeted RevPar. Establish and adjust rates by monitoring costs, competition, as well as supply and demand.
- Develop and manage sales budget, expenses, flow through and recovery to generate maximum returns.
- Evaluate business/sales goals, market opportunities, past results, and available resources to generate profitable strategies.
- Work with General Manager to execute tactical marketing activities according to business demands.
- Champions Social Media efforts to ensure messaging is dynamic, engaging and effective.
- Ensure cost control and budgeted expenses are met; approves master bills, VIP gifts, complimentary rooms, etc.
- Work closely with Atlific and Brand to maximize hotel revenue and exceed budgets.
- Engage with Atlific and Brand contacts for required brands sales and marketing initiatives, training, feedback and coaching to help others developing their skills and careers.
- Attend industry events, educational workshops, trade shows, and company sponsored conferences after hours.
- Participate in industry related clubs, societies, organizations and/or committees which may entail after hour meetings.
- Entertain clients on/off–site; representing the hotel in a professional manner.
- Work with industry tools such as Agency 360 to shift identified market share.
- Ensure all client interactions are documented and in hotel data base systems.
- Prepare and evaluate monthly reports and set appropriate actions.
- Assist with various assignments and/or projects as assigned by Management Company.
- Other duties as may be required.
- 5 years of demonstrated directorial experience in sales and marketing within the hospitality industry
- Post-secondary education in sales or equivalent
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Computer literacy (excel, word, group booking systems)
- Highly energetic, aggressive self-starter and well developed sales skills including excellent negotiation, prospecting, presentation, and verbal & written communication skills
- Established industry contacts and knowledge of marketplace
- Strong organization skills and detail oriented
- Commitment to superior customer service
Those interested in applying are invited to forward a covering letter and resume in confidence to :
General Manager, Executive Suites Squamish