Westin Crystal City
Location: US - VA - Arlington
Arlington, VA, US 22202
Hotel Sales Manager
The Westin Crystal City hotel is located in the heart of Arlington, VA, across from Crystal City Metro stop and within walking distance to many shops and restaurants. We are located minutes from many corporation and government premises, including The Pentagon, and we are just 4 miles from The White House and The United States Capitol.
Sales Manager Job Outline
The Sales Manager will secure new volume accounts; grow positive relationships with assigned existing accounts; assure positive recognition within the local community for the hotel.
Sales Manager Job Responsibilities:
1. The Sales Manager will solicit, negotiate and generate contracted revenues from volume prospects that meet criteria established in
the hotel business plan.
2. Employ revenue management techniques to recommend corporate rate proposals.
3. The Sales Manager will accurately prepare and present Requests for Proposals so that both client and hotel receive a good value.
4. Prospect for new contract business using a wide variety of methods including phone calls, outside sales calls,
attending community functions, internet prospecting, supplier partnerships, trade journals, etc.
5. The Sales Manager will develop, implement and constantly modify sales action plans.
6. Manage and maintain an accurate and up-to-date contact management system.
7. Negotiate and close contracts that meet the hotel’s business plan objectives. Desired arrival, departure and
volume patterns must be met.
8. Internally communicate client requirements, thereby insuring all information is accurate between client and
9. Coordinate and participate in target market trade shows and sales blitzes.
10. The Sales Manager will conduct competitive analysis and maintain competitor files in order to be able to compete successfully.
11. Maintain good rapport with local civic groups and companies.
12. Other duties as assigned.
Sales Manager Requirements
1. Computer skills to include word processing, spreadsheet, and familiarity with brand specific property
2. Ability to exercise excellent communication, presentation, organization, time management and listening skills.
3. Ability to use analytical skills for measuring business potential and value to the hotel.