Location: US - NM - Albuquerque
Exciting opportunity to join a well-established management team at newly renovated hotel
High energy and self-motived Sales Manager to generate revenue to meet or exceed budget expectations as well as work closely with the General Manager to develop an effective marketing plan and direct the sales effort as described in the marketing plan.
* Establishes and maintains accounts, and develops relationships in the marketplace.
* Identifies and analyzes competition, both locally and regionally.
* Designs new programs and campaigns to develop additional sales from the various market niches. Makes face-to-face sales calls.
* Ensures prompt and systematic servicing of all business accounts.
* Develops and maintains marketing plan and sales budget.
* Maintains all sales systems, such as sales records and reports, conference calendar, traces of history and potentials, logs of groups not previously accommodated, and mailing lists.
* Provides sales training to hotel staff, as appropriate.
* Maintains high visibility in the surrounding community and in the hospitality community.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Minimum of three years of sales experience required; hospitality sales preferred.
* Excellent leadership skills and strong revenue management skills. Must be energetic, innovative and self-motivated.
* Must be able to work independently and have the drive to succeed.
* Outstanding communication and organization skills.
* Must maintain a high level of professional appearance and demeanor.
* Must have a current driver's license with a satisfactory motor vehicle record and use of a vehicle which is insured and maintained in good condition.