Location: US - MD - Baltimore
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more atwww.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Sales Manager Responsibilities
- The Sales Manager will solicit, negotiate and confirm new and repeat business through various efforts (outside sales calls, telemarketing, referrals, tradeshows, sales missions, internet prospecting, etc). Prompt and competent follow-up on leads/referrals, use of reader board analysis, and networking in order to maximize room revenue to meet and/or exceed individual and team sales and revenue goals.
- Develop and continually enhance relationships with key accounts, business and travel industry accounts, community organizations and professional associations to maintain high visibility and increase market share. Responsible for building Relationship Strategy and driving customer loyalty by delivering superior service throughout each customer experience. Able to successfully close profitable business and achieve revenue targets.
- The Sales Manager conducts property site inspections with potential customers. This involves walking client throughout property and grounds while performing an oral presentation of facilities and amenities. Be aware of hotel features and benefits, operations and competitive strengths and weaknesses to assist customers in their buying decisions.
- Identifies and anticipates market trends and volatility. Recommends alternative options & solutions to improve sales.
- Lead, develop, train and coach respective team members within the sales and catering discipline.
- Develop and implement creative sales strategy by analyzing historical, current and future hotel/market/account trends.
- Directs the implementation and follow through of all sales standards and initiatives according to Aramark guidelines and Standards of Operation.
- The Sales Manager ensures the assignment of all groups and functions, as well as, the accurate and timely communication of event needs to conference planners and operations team.
- Increases account revenue and/or operating profit contribution by promoting ancillary spend and creating other opportunities for growth. Up sells and makes creative suggestions to clients.
- Maintain accurate, legible records and files consistent with sales and catering system. Create and distribute effective internal and external communication (written and verbal). Prepare and maintain sales related reports.
- The Sales Manager is responsible for developing and implementing revenue and yield strategies related to group and transient rooms, group sales, meeting room rental, local catering sales and related revenue. Focus on market segmentation, pricing, direct sales, marketing and other strategies to maximize profitability for the property. Accountable for achieving targeted performance relative to market, budget, forecasts and guest satisfaction scores. Direct and manage all group, transient, and catering sales activities and resources to maximize revenue for property.
- Regularly visit and shop the competition to stay abreast of their rate strategies, clientele and any changes in facilities, services and market position
Sales Manager Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- 3 years’ experience in sales, group catering events or like employment
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills
- Planning, organizing and effective time management skills
- Experience with computer applications including but not limited to: Microsoft Office, Maestro, Opera, Springer Miller System or other property management systems. Other experience with sales based CRM applications
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and meet established goals & objectives
- General financial acumen