JHM Hotels, Inc. Job Opportunities and Hotel Careers
JHM Hotels, Inc. is a national multi-brand hotel company that has developed, acquired, owned, and operated hotels throughout the United States for more than 36 years. These years of growth have earned the company rich and varied experience in every facet of modern hotel development and management.
JHM Hotels has 40 properties with over 6,520 rooms and 1,500 associates with a concentration in key U.S. destinations such as Orlando, Atlanta, Miami, Charleston, SC and soon Washington, DC, along with a five-star luxury hotel in Surat, India. Operating under top performing franchise flags such as Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, and Starwood, JHM is committed to being a premier lodging company. The company's mission statement shares this commitment with guests, associates and ownership.
The JHM "family" has grown by inviting highly qualified, performance-oriented professionals to join their team and continue to add chapters to the JHM Hotels success story. JHM continues to add to its portfolio through a well balanced and long term growth plan. New associates who are excited about developing a career with a dynamic, values-driven company and ready to be challenged are great candidates for becoming a part of this well-established, yet growing company.
JHM Hotels is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in the E-Verify program.
Candidates are offered an opportunity to explore a work environment where their hard work, dedication, integrity and commitment are the keys to their personal and professional growth. With a long standing history of promotion from within and a low turnover rate, which is significantly below the industry standards, the limits of a hospitality career with JHM are unending.
You will find JHM Hotels driven to be "a premier lodging company", never satisfied with the status quo and always searching for a better way to exceed associate, guest and owner expectations.
The purpose of the Sales Manager is to assist in assuring the overall success of the hotel by meeting or exceeding the company’s expectations for top line revenue in the SMERF market segment.
Essential Job Functions
- Expectation to dedicate significant portion of time to direct telephone solicitation sales.
- New Business development for property, predominantly from Association Group Market.
- Meet or exceed assigned revenue goals; Rooms, F&B, Meeting Room Rental, Incremental.
- Represent JHM Hotels professionally to our clients/guests and business partners.
- Assure that all transactions with guests are handled in a legal, ethical manner.
- Providing prospects with complete and accurate information on hotel. Determine client needs and possible objections; provide persuasive arguments to close the sale. Negotiate rates to maximize revenues.
- Develop positive working relationships with existing clients by anticipating needs and acting promptly to rectify any problems; maintain frequent contact with established and prospective clients.
- Practice effective revenue/yield management to include wise negotiation and booking function space, focused solicitation during soft occupancy periods and effective rate and price negotiation.
- Consults with representatives of client group or organization to plan details such as number of persons expected, display space desired, and food service schedule. Have a comprehensive understanding of the property and its offerings.
- Notifies various department heads of arrangements made to ensure high level of service and guest satisfaction. Manage time effectively, maximize sales time, focus on priorities, and complete assigned reports and projects in a timely manner.
- Possess strong working knowledge of business development and sales techniques, catering and banquet operations, yield management, service standards and techniques, guest relations and etiquette, food and beverage, service ware and equipment, menu development and general hotel knowledge and practical ability to apply business knowledge in a hotel setting.
College degree in Hotel Administration Preferred; 2-3 years hotel Sales Manager/Supervisor experience or equivalent combination of education and experience in hotel of similar size and nature. Must be very detailed, organized, and customer focused.
JHM Hotels is an Equal Employment Opportunity and E-Verify Employer. All applicants are subject to background and substance abuse screening prior to any offer of employment.